KUDOS Snowblowers vs Chainsaws

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I get that. Liked my 2-stroke snow thrower better than the 4-cycle I replaced it with.

Similar performance. Lighter weight. Simpler.

But both started easier than any gas chainsaw I’ve used.

The comments about different carburetors, larger flywheels, and lower compression make sense.

Philbert

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got two snow blowers which like most things I own,old .They both run or at least did when I last used them .One is a Toro "snow pup " which is a two cycle .That thing has electric start from 120 volts from a cord .It always starts .However with the decreased amont of snow over the last few years most times I just use a Stihl BR 400 leaf blower which also always starts .If in the rare occasion we get a lot of snow with a 600 foot drive way it's a Jeep CJ5,a Ferguson tractor or an Oliver OC 6 bull dozer . That little crawler will push a wall of wet snow 7-8 feet high but that was 30 plus years ago when we had nasty winters that would freeze the balls off a brass monkey .

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
other than than the that stretch in Jan of sub zero this winter has been more of late fall expeience.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used my battery-0powered Oregon leaf blower this year. Once.

Philbert

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blowers are another item I've managed to collect a lot of .I fix things and at least three of the hand helds were freebies one was a Stihl that lost a battle with a 7,000 pound tree chipper .I've got 50 bucks in it finding another with a blown engine from flea bay .The back pack an older Stihl BR 400 cost me $200 and it was like new .During the covid lock down I lost tract of how many machines I resurrected from the dead .Now weather or not they all start remains a mystery for the time being .