snow pics

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
8:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Love the plowing pics.

That one storm this year got me from the north bad. No snow fence from the north being it has only happened a few times since 94. Bet your azz I have one back there this winter.

3' drift about 2o' wide with wrong tires still on between me and the 700' drive with 1'-1.5' the rest of the way. Was like a heavy ice snow mix.

Fence in pic is for where the top turn is.

snow19boss.jpg
snow19o.jpg

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
8:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Seeing Phil's bristle brushes deal. I wonder what my echo and wife's stihl could do for snow.
We use them on 57 gravel after plow season and when apple trees are over bearing.

Amazing how much stronger the echo is. They should have put a pro grade motor on the stihl.

Not no 4 mix crap either. Rather have the weak 2 stroke stihl motor then that.

s55e280.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back yard, front yard (excluding drifts and plow piles)
View attachment 167660 View attachment 167661
Pretty hard packed.
Philbert
Maybe not as hard packed as that plowed snow at the end of the driveway that forced my neighbor's car above the road yesterday as she rammed into it backwards. I have never seen that before.

Philbert, your snow depth has my snow beaten by a foot, even if mine has more ice. How on earth do we cope with this stuff?

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What's snow?.......
06e188ceae33adc06d45a9f7c619f49b.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same nonsense here. Every overnight low in the ten day is below zero here. :(
I have noticed also that the last four storms we have had here in Nebraska have eventually gone straight to northern Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I've tried to steer them elsewhere or snuff them out, but they don't respond. In fact, they sometimes gain strength instead. :(

Here's my latest snow thrower enhancement after the skids wore out:
Snow Thrower Skid Wheel1.JPG
Snow Thrower Skid Wheel2.JPG
I decided to try shop-made wheels. They roll rather than scrape. So far, so good. That's a 29", 10 Hp Craftsman that I have used for almost 24 years.

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have noticed also that the last four storms we have had here in Nebraska have eventually gone straight to northern Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I've tried to steer them elsewhere or snuff them out, but they don't respond. In fact, they sometimes gain strength instead. :(

This right here, this man speaks the truth. Getting sick of all this "Blame Canada / Gary" BS.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This right here, this man speaks the truth. Getting sick of all this "Blame Canada / Gary" BS.
I'm blaming the left coast. It's a combination of too much wetness and hot air that get's cold as it heads east and turns into ice and snow. Latest is that they also don't like our heavy machinery that runs on gas and diesel fuel.

Imagine running heavy snow removal equipment on electricity. :eek: