snow pics

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Notice the ice dams building up on the house roofs and gutters. This could lead to lots of dough fixing the damages, especially after the next few days when more snow and ice arrives. The mixture never gets a chance to melt and clear. Gutters are solid blocks of ice. Some downspouts are packed tight with ice. Whatever does melt has no place to go.

I've never seen anything quite this bad in 40 years. :(

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also trying a new, rotary broom / sweeper attachment to get down to the pavement. View attachment 166784
Let's the UV do its thing!
Philbert
I also scrape and sweep to the pavement and concrete. Any sunshine at all will clear it dry then. I wish my neighbors would do likewise. Instead, they just drive on top the snow with their 4-wheel or all-wheel drives, spinning their wheels. Most of the time they also forget about their side walk and dare the city to fine them.:(

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I also scrape and sweep to the pavement and concrete. Any sunshine at all will clear it dry then. I wish my neighbors would do likewise. Instead, they just drive on top the snow with their 4-wheel or all-wheel drives, spinning their wheels. Most of the time they also forget about their side walk and dare the city to fine them.:(
My nieghbor did that this year. I plowed him out once a couple weeks ago just because. Today he stopped and asked me to plow it so his 2 teen daughters can get their cars in and out. Mom and dad both run trucks so they been packing it down up till now so the kids can get out. This may have been the most miserable driveway I've done. 300 yards if its an inch 8" of driven on crap with 10" of fresh on top!

Won't even say how long it took to scrap it off enough to be half arsed drivable!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor did that this year. I plowed him out once a couple weeks ago just because. Today he stopped and asked me to plow it so his 2 teen daughters can get their cars in and out. Mom and dad both run trucks so they been packing it down up till now so the kids can get out. This may have been the most miserable driveway I've done. 300 yards if its an inch 8" of driven on crap with 10" of fresh on top!

Won't even say how long it took to scrape it off enough to be half arsed drivable!
Gadzooks! I had a customer call me for firewood delivery near his garage that was 200 feet from the road and packed with the same stuff you removed. I kept the firewood in the truck and sold it to another customer with a cleared driveway. Why put up with that mess when I've got orders backed up?

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snow might end tonight at midnight, then the temperature will drop to just above zero after that. Winds reached 40 mph steady today with gusts above 50 mph. Ice is everywhere.

At least this weather gives me an excuse for not delivering firewood that everybody suddenly calls and wants. When I could have delivered it easily last month, they never called me.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I am considering dropping some yard trees but my brush pile has turned into a snow pile.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I am considering dropping some yard trees but my brush pile has turned into a snow pile.
My entire pile of round logs ready to be split has turned into a snow and ice pile. The ice is worse than the snow. Ice sticks to the logs like glue, bark or no bark.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have received over 30” so far this month and are inline for another blast tonight. Spent a couple hours blowing back the sidewalks and driveway as the melting today was creating lakes. Hopefully the snow is heavy and doesn’t blow with the 40-50 mph winds coming with this storm

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m afraid to go outside and see what Mother Nature left us last night. I took the dog out at midnight and it was snowing hard but we didn’t have but an inch or so

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well not really sure how much snow we actually got last night but with the way the wind is screaming through downtown here I’m not sure I want to drive out into the country. Unfortunately I have to drive or ride my sled to get to our old neighbors new house so I can blow snow.