Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well not really sure how much snow we actually got last night but with the way the wind is screaming through downtown here I’m not sure I want to drive out into the country. Unfortunately I have to drive or ride my sled to get to our old neighbors new house so I can blow snow.

It's nasty out there! Not much point moving it around until this wind quits. Nothing like breaking a trail only to have it filled back in even deeper in an hour.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the north side of it here. Maybe 3" but it's heart attack snow for sure. Watching it blow north-south then swirl around and blow back to the north again. Snowblower is gonna sit this out for today. Might get the tractor out after the road gets plowed.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First we got a layer of ice and then 10" of snow dropped on that. We now have 50" of snow since Jan. 10. Never seen anything like this. The street plows enjoy plowing us in after we clear the driveway. Not complaining, they have no choice.

This really does remind me of Rochester and Buffalo, NY -- perhaps even Oswego. I wonder what Niagara Falls looks like now. Anybody got a Pic?

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The street plows enjoy plowing us in after we clear the driveway. Not complaining, they have no choice

Ive plowed snow for a city of 50,000 population and our county roads. I’ll tell you. I don’t enjoy plowing driveways shut. We do what we can so after the initial run through, we are not “reburying” driveways. We’re disliked enough the way it is. No point in giving the public more ways to hate us.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive plowed snow for a city of 50,000 population and our county roads. I’ll tell you. I don’t enjoy plowing driveways shut. We do what we can so after the initial run through, we are not “reburying” driveways. We’re disliked enough the way it is. No point in giving the public more ways to hate us.

I've lived in Wi. my whole life. It never bothered me. Just part of living where it snows.
You guys have a thankless job that everyone expects to be done immediately, as if the trucks can go 100mph and make snow disappear as they pass.
Thats why I always keep the hell out of the plows way, and give them a wave as I pass.

grizz55chev

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've lived in Wi. my whole life. It never bothered me. Just part of living where it snows.
You guys have a thankless job that everyone expects to be done immediately, as if the trucks can go 100mph and make snow disappear as they pass.
Thats why I always keep the hell out of the plows way, and give them a wave as I pass.
I know all the county workers on a first name basis, ones my next door neighbor. He’s retired but owns his own backhoe, does my driveway for the cost of fuel, I’m about 50 yards off the county maintained rd.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You will love what happened today. My crazy neighbors decided to forget clearing what the city plow had left in front of their driveway. The wife decided to try to drive over it with her SUV, which has AWD. She backed out and rammed it a ton. The back wheels went over but both got hung up in the air. The front wheels were on the ice layer and couldn't push or pull it loose. Suspended in mid-air, she had to call a tow truck.

Two kids were in the SUV with her, both old enough to handle a snow shovel, but nobody did. Most of the time they just push the snow into the street (against city code), but this time they tried not to even do that. As Voltaire first said, "Common sense is not so common." :rolleyes:

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When people whine about it, I just tell them the roads are cleared so emergency services can get through if their elderly parents need them.