Skip chain

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not really sure if this is the right spot. I got one of my guy looking for 2 3/8th 50ga. full skip chain for his 36" bar on his 660. He finds some stuff now and then that the full comp is just a bit to many teeth. Even some of the Farmertec stuff is acceptable for a trial run.

Thanks.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not really sure if this is the right spot. I got one of my guy looking for 2 3/8th 50ga. full skip chain for his 36" bar on his 660. He finds some stuff now and then that the full comp is just a bit to many teeth. Even some of the Farmertec stuff is acceptable for a trial run.

Thanks.
Should be plenty on ebay

Sloughfoot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks.
Like said, Ebay or multiple other online shops. A power equipment sales and repair shop near you might have full skip on a roll and can make one. Don't count on it though.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don't have anybody around here that stocks it. It's a little uncommon. So I figured I'd ask here. Ya know, throw a few bucks at one of my forum guys before I gave it to someone else.
That's a bummer, we have several places around here that stock it, John Deere, ACE, and a few other places. I have a coworker that has Archer chain, he likes it (bought a roll of it), others have said it stretches easy. I have been looking at getting a Forester .325 skip chain, but have not yet.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don't have anybody around here that stocks it. It's a little uncommon. So I figured I'd ask here. Ya know, throw a few bucks at one of my forum guys before I gave it to someone else.
Too bad no members near you can make some. I have a roll of Ore skip...Boise area.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Madsen's sells oregon loops 2 for one $. Great guys. Old school, call 'em. Stihl is more durable if you need it, but they usually can't ship due to dealer rules and it's $$$.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
madsens sells it by the roll too