Country flag
Get a sitivien
50% off 15.89 i have civivi,sencut, petrified fish,kubey,flissa and other's
I can't tell any difference in quality
From any of them
The 10.00 knives are just as smooth and well built as the 50.00 knives
Shhht!
I'm done buying knives for awhile!😁

Most companies use questionable steel, soft T6 screws & don't have a stellar reputation for heat treating like Civivi/Sencut does.
Civivi uses hardened T8 stainless screws & their QC is head & shoulders above cheaper knives.
They are just the brand I concentrate on.
Personal preference thing & I've never been disappointed.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this one yesterday.
Frigging BEAST!
1/4" thick steel.
Wasn't the sharpest but a few swipes on the crock sticks it will shave ball hair now (want pics? Lol)!

$44/shipped ($60 on Amazon), I wanted it because it is DC53 steel (D3) which holds a edge equal to or better than D2 & is much tougher!
Comparable to Cruwear steel.
That rounded G10 handle is extremely comfortable!
Ive looked it over with a fine tooth comb & it is a EXCELLENT quality build, the sheath is fantastic (snaps in w/authority & zero rattle)!

20240607_185457.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spydero sale

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a sitivien
50% off 15.89 i have civivi,sencut, petrified fish,kubey,flissa and other's
I can't tell any difference in quality
From any of them
The 10.00 knives are just as smooth and well built as the 50.00 knives
I like the Kubey's pretty well.
Beefy liner, excellent lockup, great pocket clip, smooth as silk ball bearings, great centering, good heat treat & priced right compared to other brands.

I only own 1, but I'm part of a circle of local hunters who are into knovrs & they all like theirs also.

Just a little too thinck in the handle for me & not as thin/refined in the pocket as Civivi & Sencut.

In usage, I think Civivi & Sencut has the edge in heat treat.
I haven't met a Civivi or Sencut I didn't LOVE (I have 4)!
Sencuts D2 is some of the best I've ever used & I've owned 12 Bob Dozier D2 knives.
Not that they are better than his, but they do offer easier sharpening & hold 95% the edge his does (similar Rockwell Hardness), not as "Toothy" & more refined on the edge, Sencut gets a much keener edge.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning knife connoisseurs. I have lost my edc pocket knife and was hoping I could gain some insight on what to look for in my next knife. I previously had an Ontario RAT 2 with D2 blade and I really liked it a lot but want to see if there is anything out there that I might like more. I have to admit that I am ridiculously hard on my pocket knives. They are used as scrapers, prybars, chisels, screwdrivers and sometimes I actually use them to cut stuff. I realize that nothing will hold up well to the abuse that I throw out but the RAT worked better than anything previously. So here are my questions: is there a better type of blade to look for? I had bought the RAT from bladehq.com, is there a better place to order from? Are there any specific brands I should look for or stay away from? Thanks in advance for any help!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning knife connoisseurs. I have lost my edc pocket knife and was hoping I could gain some insight on what to look for in my next knife. I previously had an Ontario RAT 2 with D2 blade and I really liked it a lot but want to see if there is anything out there that I might like more. I have to admit that I am ridiculously hard on my pocket knives. They are used as scrapers, prybars, chisels, screwdrivers and sometimes I actually use them to cut stuff. I realize that nothing will hold up well to the abuse that I throw out but the RAT worked better than anything previously. So here are my questions: is there a better type of blade to look for? I had bought the RAT from bladehq.com, is there a better place to order from? Are there any specific brands I should look for or stay away from? Thanks in advance for any help!
I had a rat1 for year's i prefer the sitivien st-133 to it myself it's also d2Screenshot_2024-06-15-11-12-45-960.jpgIMG_20240607_173956~2.jpgIMG_20240607_174004~2.jpg
Just a good sturdy liner lock flipper
I like the blade design for working
It's not a stabber it's a slicer.