Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a five gallon bucket of knives at one time... then I got into collecting spyderco folders for a bit. If I get time this evening I'll round them up for a picture.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damascus made out of an old steel winch bond, the core is an old file. Sadly the Damascus doesn't come right to the edge but it still has character

I have a project knife that never did finish. However, it would end up similar style to yours as from old file (no Damascus though). I have some osage orange "hedge apple" that was using for handle material. What type of wood is that on yours?

Maybe this thread will fire me up to pull that knife out again and finish it up.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a project knife that never did finish. However, it would end up similar style to yours as from old file (no Damascus though). I have some osage orange "hedge apple" that was using for handle material. What type of wood is that on yours?

Maybe this thread will fire me up to pull that knife out again and finish it up.

Get it done, I love Osage orange. The handle is a piece of ash offcut that I milled last year

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one time an older guy kept pushing me to try making one and gave me the blank for a blade. Guess he thought it was some payback as he often had me do some minor soldering, welding, and grinding for him on knives he would make.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been carrying a knife since i was six lol
Everyone here did rural living in the country .
not now nobody seems to now.
I always had case xx sodbusters large and medium.
Old timer/uncle henry large twoblade trappers and threeblade stockmen.
Buck 110s and probably hundreds of other makes gerber boker treebrand etc.
Now with all the good reliable assisted opening knives at great price's.
I carry them now kershaw and crkt are two of my favorites haven't broke one or bought any with bad steel yet .
I didn't pay more than 20.00 for any of of these the big kershaw is 20 year's old lol
Most knives are taiwan and chinese now but I've found some with very good steel here is some of dozens of knives i have..20170703_194351.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg Only got a couple around the big one is a opinel no12 I keep that one in a hunting horse case on my saddle when out fox hunting just in case

The small one is an old Taylor's eye witness just the right size for meimage.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got this one:
DSC02770.JPG DSC02771.JPG DSC02772.JPG

Although, I'm not carrying it around.

I always have a tiny pocket knife in my backpack, but oddly enough I seem to have misplaced or lost it.
I'll have to look for it, or replace it with another small knife.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's actually from a time when blood letting was one of first things tried on sick farm animals. You put the triangular blade against a neck vein, give it a good smack and away she blows.

It took me quite a while to find that out.