Show me your Knifes

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys have some pretty nice stuff. Mine is just pedestrian stuff that gets used for the most part.

The straight knife on the right was given to me by my father when I was about 9 or 10. That would be around 1961 0r'62. My brother had it for a number of years as he quickly lost his so it was rough when I got it back. It was made by William Rogers in Sheffield, England. Back then your knife was a POS if it didn't say Sheffield or Solingen steel on the blade. It's a very good knife that I think my Dad paid $6 or $7 dollars for back then.

The little folding pen knife with the silver and (I think mother of pearl) handle belonged to my great aunt. She was a Nursing Captain in WWI and ran field hospitals in Egypt and France. She was a holy terror and took no crap from the soldiers but a brilliant lady. I have her pen ink well which was made from a German bomb fuse. I also have a nice set of Arab daggers she bought right off some Bedouin's camel.

I have always carried a pocket knife, mostly little ones that like to fold up on your fingers.
I think my favorite one of today is the little black Gerber. It's so light you don't even know it's there which is why I have lost a bunch of them. I generally carry the little Buck now as I know it's there.

I've never used the black skeleton knife.

The one with the wood handle is a favorite. I've carried that for years in a vest pocket. You can see it's been wet more than once. It was sold under the Coghlan name in Canada but I'm guessing it's an Opinel No 8 similar to the one in @ajschinsaws post
It was made in France and I think I paid about $4 for it. It holds an edge better than any knife I've owned.

I have some others that are just plain knives and don't mean much to me

DSCF3365.JPG

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They sharp but not pretty lol
I have 5 buck 110s for some reason people kept buying them as gifts for me lol
I always liked them the boker auto was a gift the spring is too powerful it will jump out of your hand.
I need to buy the new crkt drifter large i have the small one.
The big crkt is a handfull but very sharp and good steel.
I carry my knives they take a beating lol
Found a couple of gerbers in my shop i bought at least 15 year's ago.20170706_212337.jpg 20170706_212438.jpg 20170706_212444.jpg 20170706_212449.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is my current favorite three year's i think kershaw the blackwash is very tough they have a smaller version now14993931369911105126582.jpg 20170706_220044.jpg 20170706_220020.jpg .
Lost a screw i just noticed.
That eze lap I've had since the 90s
Thousands of sharpenings still does a great job.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If i ever had a grand laying around to waste lol
I would love to have a custom knife.
These are john grimsmo Norseman knives they have the rask knife also any finish you want.equ3usy5.jpg 100_2291-640x480.jpg
On the more practical side these kershaws are under 16.00 on amazon i have both just can't find them lol
Metal handles a little heavy but assisted opening and good steel. 31qx3KnRFkL._SY400_.jpg 41xBAkhL60L._SY400_.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I Had a chance to buy an original randall model 1 for 125.00 year's ago like a fool i passed on it they are 500-1000.00 now my friends say they were popular with vietnam era soldiers.
Blackjack 1-7 are nice copy's i'm told.
Sorry i don't own one i just think they are beautiful lol
Here's my condor survival knife excellent steel very rugged very nice thick leather sheath 32.00 i believe off amazon made in el salvador.14994796058041105126582.jpg RANDALL_1-5_SS.JPG download.jpg

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I Had a chance to buy an original randall model 1 for 125.00 year's ago like a fool i passed on it they are 500-1000.00 now my friends say they were popular with vietnam era soldiers.
Blackjack 1-7 are nice copy's i'm told.
Sorry i don't own one i just think they are beautiful lol
Here's my condor survival knife excellent steel very rugged very nice thick leather sheath 32.00 i believe off amazon made in el salvador.View attachment 77427 View attachment 77425 View attachment 77426
I like the looks of that little fixed blade.
I'll have to check them out. I always liked a smaller fixed blade.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the looks of that little fixed blade.
I'll have to check them out. I always liked a smaller fixed blade.
It's a big beefy handled knife.
Some guy's sand the handles down i have large hands it fit's me great.
A little over 5 inch blade.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys have some pretty nice stuff. Mine is just pedestrian stuff that gets used for the most part.

The straight knife on the right was given to me by my father when I was about 9 or 10. That would be around 1961 0r'62. My brother had it for a number of years as he quickly lost his so it was rough when I got it back. It was made by William Rogers in Sheffield, England. Back then your knife was a POS if it didn't say Sheffield or Solingen steel on the blade. It's a very good knife that I think my Dad paid $6 or $7 dollars for back then.

The little folding pen knife with the silver and (I think mother of pearl) handle belonged to my great aunt. She was a Nursing Captain in WWI and ran field hospitals in Egypt and France. She was a holy terror and took no crap from the soldiers but a brilliant lady. I have her pen ink well which was made from a German bomb fuse. I also have a nice set of Arab daggers she bought right off some Bedouin's camel.

I have always carried a pocket knife, mostly little ones that like to fold up on your fingers.
I think my favorite one of today is the little black Gerber. It's so light you don't even know it's there which is why I have lost a bunch of them. I generally carry the little Buck now as I know it's there.

I've never used the black skeleton knife.

The one with the wood handle is a favorite. I've carried that for years in a vest pocket. You can see it's been wet more than once. It was sold under the Coghlan name in Canada but I'm guessing it's an Opinel No 8 similar to the one in @ajschinsaws post
It was made in France and I think I paid about $4 for it. It holds an edge better than any knife I've owned.

I have some others that are just plain knives and don't mean much to me

View attachment 77203

I like that no8 I haven't seen that narrow tail They do hold a good edge I found on the no5 the blade is quite thin but so durable and strong

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Czed, I got my Lansky sharpener today and tried it out on a kitchen knife. Works great. I've been using a Zwilling knife steel to touch up the knives and it works great too but it sure doesn't fit in your pocket.
Thanks for the tip.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found my kershaw it's only 13.50-17.00 or so they went up a little.
Good steel holds a nice durable edge.
Eze-lap keeps it extremely sharp.
I've been carrying it for 3+ year's
It's the perfect gift I've bought several for people .
Here's a little lansky? Sharpener wal-20170711_214412.jpg 20170711_214352.jpg mart jobby does great.
Kershaw manifold 15.36 amazon now

Last edited:

JMoney

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I used to be into fancy knives, still have a handful of Spyderco but I work in a federal facility where they aren't allowed. Otherwise I usually just grab a Mora clipper. Holds a great edge, easy to sharpen, and I don't have to worry if I hand it to someone or come across a young man or woman who should have a a decent knife.

Edit: I almost forgot the Leatherman squirt with pliers that lives on my keychain. Hardly think of it as a knife. Replaced a well used Micra after about 15 years. Not as good as the Micra was in quality, but those little pliers sure come in handy.

Last edited: