JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1000004518.jpg
Well I think I have a bit of a problem finally built a rack to hold my axes and realized that I'm gonna have to add another round to it. The even bigger problem is I have almost this many more heads that need to be cleaned up and hafted.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whenever I ad another ax to my "collection" it splits nowhere near as well as my Dragon Slayer and it ends up collecting dust in some corner.

I need to weed out the undesirables and look into modifying the few heads that have potential.

Oddrodtodd

Anything with pistons...
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, as hokey as it looks, the chopper was a splitting machine! Us kids got one for my Dad many moons ago. We didn't know any better than to buy a "gadget."

Thing is, it actually split like a beast! Used it for many years, finally lost a spring.

20101224chopper1_zpsnx5x3w7y.jpg
I still have my dad's from the 70s. It has it's original straight, fiberglass handle. When my dad passed I ended up with it and it was missing a spring as well. Just couldn't get rid of it. Then I found out the company has been re-established and is making both new axes and repair kits! So it's back in action again. Throwing chunks of wood into the neighbors yard just like the good old days (don't chop near windows)!