Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id like to get a few stock 661's out here at the landing and see if they can hang with this real good running stock 394 with muffler mod. 28" bar burried 7 pinView attachment 73140
I'll be changing to normal or skip semi chisel 28" chain soon as I'm tired of filing every gas tank. Sure for a gtg or falling clean wood it's not as fast but it don't last worth a *s-word bucking dirty logs. I think this saw needs a 8 pin too.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what keeps it interesting! Like Ford, Chevy, Mopar ... always a competition. And then small block vs big block, and back in the day if you had a big block, you had better know how to drive, or you would just go up in smoke!

You had to know what RPM to launch, how fast to give it the gas, when to shift, and how to shift fast ... Now with the launch control and paddle shifters, and idiot could drive fast ... I hate it, you should have to be skilled to drive fast!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why, why why does it always have to be Hooskie vs. STIHL? LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Its a worksaw situation in my video cutting a filthy log in 1 ft deep mud no square cants in sight

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since some people may not follow the 066 thread, I'm gonna post my video of the 066 w/CROSS-MMWS P&C here also!

Mason, you need a real bar on that powerhead!!!

I need a 50" bar to show the power :D. I love this 28" Sugi, it weighs about as much as my normal 24" and has extra reach. Can cut down huge tree with a 28" bar. I've blocked up a 4 foot stump easily with it. I got a 36 if I need it but 99% time this 28 is awesome for falling, blocking ect. The 36 is a normal weight so it's quite cumbersome. Nothing like a reduced weight bar. 28 the sweet spot imo for my needs.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 28" Sugi on my Dr Al 460, and I like it, but the Stihl 28" Light on my hybrid is a lot lighter. (about 10.5 oz lighter than the Sugi).

The trouble with a long bar in a wood pile is collateral damage! But they are good for felling, stumping, and bucking a lone trunk.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's video is a Stihl MOFO 036 running an 18" 3/8 Full Chisel bar and chain. This wood was cut down by power company and left by my neighbors house. Not really sure what kind of wood it is, but it was hard.
I had the tune rich by choice, but I did lean it a bit after 3rd cut. It ran better after that. Tune was at 13700 rpms.
All I can say is this saw is an absolute BEAST!

@drf256

Last edited:

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what keeps it interesting! Like Ford, Chevy, Mopar ... always a competition. And then small block vs big block, and back in the day if you had a big block, you had better know how to drive, or you would just go up in smoke!

You had to know what RPM to launch, how fast to give it the gas, when to shift, and how to shift fast ... Now with the launch control and paddle shifters, and idiot could drive fast ... I hate it, you should have to be skilled to drive fast!
Do a little reading on the Challenger Demon. Reads like the car does it all but steer.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, disgusting, isn't it!!! (It is amazing they get a car that heavy to run that fast).