saw sale date

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
he only needed to cut one small tree stump off. i sent my gas and oil with him so he didnt or shouldnt have straight gassed it. now that i think about he didnt bring back the gas can
A tree stump, the worst of the worst to be cutting, he is a smart dude.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the stumi usually dont loan my tools out at all. I have figured out what may have happened. before he brought it back he said that he was cleaning it. it seems he put it under water for some reason or another as i found water inside it along with grit and rusted gunk. i took it apart and it isnt scored but needs new bearings and seals and a good cleaning. the piston pin is a bit blue and the needls bearing werent rolling very well. its salvageable but just barely. if i would have just put it on the shelf it would have been totally shot.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the stumi usually dont loan my tools out at all. I have figured out what may have happened. before he brought it back he said that he was cleaning it. it seems he put it under water for some reason or another as i found water inside it along with grit and rusted gunk. i took it apart and it isnt scored but needs new bearings and seals and a good cleaning. the piston pin is a bit blue and the needls bearing werent rolling very well. its salvageable but just barely. if i would have just put it on the shelf it would have been totally shot.
Good to hear the saw is fixable, no one likes to be mean, but I find borrowers
are borrowers for a reason, and it’s rarely because they can’t afford their needs,
it’s usually because they will use everyone and everything, instead of being decent.

Get some quality parts, and your saw will live another day,
and send the borrower the bill.

If he comes back for another saw,
get a piece of crap that will start, let him see it run,
if he wants it then, fill it with 40:1, that’s 40 parts oil to 1 fuel,
and try not smile when he brings it back, he will get the message.

big_eddy

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like he pressure washed it so it would be clean when he returned it. No one wants to get their saw back dirty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mbret2004

OPE Member
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, hands off the water, AIR! I never lend anything out two stroke. All these people that supposedly “know” how to operate will straight gas them, mix oil improperly and you can bet the will use the cheapest oils on YOUR investment. If I have to supply consumables it’s time for you to spend your cash on tools you need. Or call someone to do the job! That’s the way I roll!

59billy

Unknown OPE Member
Local time
9:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Papaw had wisdom.

He loaned his wisdom out sometimes. I've been trying to sow it in my boys too. They seem to appreciate it sometimes. :cool:

The older they get, the smarter they'll think you are. Funny how that works.