Saw builds

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am very happy with it.
I would really like to thank Jason for his help and advice. I have learned much!
Should go better when I ditch the HD2 filter.

The sound........ it sounds different to a stock saw. Its got a smoother sound to it.
I am going to have to get a tacho to keep on it to keep tabs of the revs. It will lean out to over 16000 and starts to get a burble at 15000 RPM
I've had no luck with a hd2.
I stopped using them long ago

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I carefully stripped it and cleaned it out but was unable to replace anything as carb kits for these are NLA
I have contacted BING and they are looking into what they may still have.

It seems to run just fine but i Will pull it out and do some measurements of it besides the WJ10A

Keep an eye on eBay. I've seen the kits come through there every once in awhile.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Max Flow without the cover??

Is it possible to fit the MaxFlow system under the stock cover?

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah the HD2 needs to be soaked in hot water and detergent after use to remove the super fines which can block it completely.
I have a HD filter frame with a max flow filter on it, just need to make something that will let me tension it down correctly.

It will eventually get a velocity stack and a K&N

Last edited:

junkman

Crush it
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the best work saw air filter?

I'm talking to use, not to race.

The green Wennies look to be something that would not last around here.
For me these outerwears work fine on the hd2 ,without it ,it fills the top up though .Some will get by still on the edges ,but it slows down clogging a lot .filter cover 301.jpg

junkman

Crush it
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How bout a pic under the outerwear after a full tank of fuel

On my 440's i can go several tanks looks a little more plugged than this ,i just tap it out after the end of the day ,on the saw mill can go 2 gallons of fuel before i tap it out ,the 461 fills up faster though ,this is the 461 after a tank or 2 ,i cut with the middle to the tip of the bar mostly ,that helps keep the filters clean ,softwoods may be different than what you cut though for the fines .
filter cover 303.jpg

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 440's i can go several tanks looks a little more plugged than this ,i just tap it out after the end of the day ,on the saw mill can go 2 gallons of fuel before i tap it out ,the 461 fills up faster though ,this is the 461 after a tank or 2 ,i cut with the middle to the tip of the bar mostly ,that helps keep the filters clean ,softwoods may be different than what you cut though for the fines .
View attachment 30096
I cut some soft wood also, the 461 at a full tank is packed pretty good. Most of it taps out but a lot of it sticks down inbetween the crevices and doesn't come out easy

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the best work saw air filter?

I'm talking to use, not to race.

The green Wennies look to be something that would not last around here.

Max flow. It will fit under the stock 660 cover with a little trimming. The flat top covers don't have a chance though.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The problem with a hd2 is on a intellacarb saw the filter can be stopped completely up an it will still run.

I've seen more than one that looked spotless that would kill my 064 when I stuck it on.

I wonder how many 461s and 661 are working everyday with the filter plugged and they think it's clean