jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
20170313_195429-jpg.60528

20170314_160335-jpg.60649

That looks to me like a thin spot, ground through when the transfers were major widened. You can see where it's thin around the actual hole. I'd like to see a pic of the transfer from the inside at that point.

A hole that size would have been a huge air leak, one that wouldn't have held pressure or vacuum at all. It should have bubbled up like crazy when sprayed with something like Windex.

How high is the exhaust in order to grind through it?
Your right Brad it's a tiny thin spot about the size of a hair
I grind through all the time, I did 3 times in the exhaust on this saw and said I did and I grind through on lots of blind transfers and I always say I do so why would I say it was anything but what it is?
Also why would it bother you or anyone but the man who owns the saw?
Did you help pay for it?
The owner of the saw is not worried about it so why are you?
I'll pull the cylinder and measure just to ease your mind but I'll guess that it's close to .300 thick or close because as I said I didn't grind on the outside wall of the tunnel.

If we go back and read where I talked about the factory bevel and posted pics of it saying how bad it was,if you do that without trying to find something bad or make it something it's not you will see if took the uppers out to get rid of that terrible stuff.
Is that enough info or is there something else I can help you with?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The leak is right above the flange. If the leaking side looks like this side it still looks pretty thick right? Pics could look different than it appears.
2c92d78166c0236637dc3b2ebf7e4163.jpg
Lots of cylinders in fact most have cracks in the transfers like that.
It's normal but what you can see is how thick the wall is that I supposedly ground through and then lied about. Lol

Videos in a few

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The spot that was leaking is a 1/4" from the base in the wide open for a blind man to see.
I'm amazed at the stupidity of the accusation and I feel just a little dumber from having to explain it.

Remember fellas,it's not your saw and I know it's hard for some to believe but it doesn't have anything to do with anybody other than the parties involved and me posting it is to help someone else someday.

I'm the one who done the work and took the pics so if I had something to hide why would I post or say anything about it?

While everyone is on here talking about it only to try and cause trouble I'm busy porting more saws and getting more pics for most to learn from and for the ones who already know everything it's more to stare at all day trying to find something wrong with.

I laugh everytime I think about that.

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Lots of cylinders in fact most have cracks in the transfers like that.
It's normal but what you can see is how thick the wall is that I supposedly ground through and then lied about. Lol

Videos in a few
I had a cast flaw in a new cylinder on the transfer bridge. It was bad enough they called for it back.

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just ran across a 575xp today that would slowly leak down looked all over and finally noticed bubbles on the outside of cylinder were there was some porosity leading into the strato passage. You could put the straw from brake clean and line up with pin hole and squirt through cylinder.

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice. I might try and piece one together this summer. What size bar is the guy gonna run on it

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most saws are "fatter" when there cold and "lean" out slightly when there hot I noticed. (Whether autotune or not as I've had both). Some are more cold blooded as well, my 372 comes to mind.