High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Right Saw for the Job

MrPantz

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My Family recently moved to a farm and unfortunately recent weather a wreaked havoc on my small wooded area (about 10 acres). I currently have 8 large trees which are blocking the trails that were there. I expect more trees to fall since the old couple before couldn't keep up with the woods. Family friends have recommended Stihl 038. But they are hard to come by. Do y'all have any recommendations a saw that can do the job for under $1000?

Thanks for your help.

~Ben

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
372, 572 but that depends on diameter of trees. May only need 550mk2, 562. Or stihl's equivalent.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Family recently moved to a farm and unfortunately recent weather a wreaked havoc on my small wooded area (about 10 acres). I currently have 8 large trees which are blocking the trails that were there. I expect more trees to fall since the old couple before couldn't keep up with the woods. Family friends have recommended Stihl 038. But they are hard to come by. Do y'all have any recommendations a saw that can do the job for under $1000?

Thanks for your help.

~Ben
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear about your current situation. There are several excellent options that could fit the bill, but a Stihl 038 would not be on my list. If you are looking to make an investment into a pro level chainsaw and want to be able to do it all with one saw and stay under $1000, a Husqvarna 562xp or Echo 620p would be good options for a new saw. If you could spend the coin, I have heard good things about the Stihl Ms400. As for used saws, I would consider the Husqvarna 372xp, 572xp, Stihl MS461 or 462. There are other great options too if you are up to maintaining the saw yourself.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The size of the bar you’ll need will determine the saw really. For under a grand you’re looking at echo or husky new more than likely. If you need a 24-25” setup you can get away with a 60cc but if you need more length that puts you in 70cc territory and prices you out of a new stihl.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a nice looking ms261c on Minnesota Craigslist. Just check piston through exhaust port for scoring. Don't want to buy a straight gassed saw. What area are you in?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for your help.

~Ben

You could private message our site sponsor Gentleman and see what kind of Husqvarna he can get you into, he's usually running a sale for members.

MrPantz

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is a nice looking ms261c on Minnesota Craigslist. Just check piston through exhaust port for scoring. Don't want to buy a straight gassed saw. What area are you in?
Otter tail County, MN Area.

You could private message our site sponsor Gentleman and see what kind of Husqvarna he can get you into, he's usually running a sale for members.
Awesome, Thanks! That's really cool to see a sponsor active on the forums!

372, 572 but that depends on diameter of trees. May only need 550mk2, 562. Or stihl's equivalent.

Great ill look into these.

Thanks Everyone for responding its been super helpful.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo makes a good saw for a good price.
But a stihl ms400 with a bark box will put a hell of a smile on your face

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk