kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She currently has an arctic cat 650 v2 from 05.
She really likes it but it’s on its last legs
I have repaired and welded the frame twice, I have rebuilt the front diff and the engine right now is dismantled cause it was burning oil.
We are looking at another 300$ in parts for me to put it back together and fix it. the clutch bushings are gone and the the weights are loose. Pulleys are still good but rebuilding that after the engine is going to be another couple hundred if I do it myself..
winch is blown, that’s another 200$…
So the money pit is exactly that, we are looking at new cause the used market is a total rip off right now. When you do find a good price it needs work and then you’re dumping more money into it.

point being, what would you guys suggest?
The only requirement is that it is 4wd.
Any brand model recommendations? It doesn’t have to be a huge engine, I know a 450 would be just fine for her.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yamaha kodiak/grizz or Honda rancher/rubicon

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't go wrong with Can Am, Yamaha or Honda, Polaris in no particular order bottom of the list is Arctic Cat IMO... just because I worked as a ATV mechanic for 7 yrs....

Damn straight about the cat quads. Early ones were damn near indestructible. But....... That all went away in the early 2000's.......

Yamaha is my quad of choice now. Not particularly fond of the canAm quads. They are quirky.

Steven

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 2007 AC 500. Great machine. I had to weld the frame (cold welds) but the Suzuki engine was reliable. Loved the big frame.

I sold it to get one with power steering. I decided on a Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS 3 years ago. It's got plenty of power. Smaller frame and really nimble on narrow trails.
It's been flawless. The 450 is on the same frame.

Last edited: