High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Request for Husqvarna tractor YTH2242 workshop/service manual

rwinternet

New OPE Member
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi... I'm new to OPE so let me apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this post.

I've been trying to track down a workshop manual/service manual for a Husqvarna Lawn Tractor, Model YTH2242 with zero success.

I was wondering if anyone could provide one.

I'm trying to diagnose and fix why a YTH2242 is not starting. That means when I turn the key, I get no clicking noise out of the starter solenoid. I've tried replacing the starter (which seems to have the solenoid attached to it... a Kohler 24-098-24 - WI43044, 12V, 61008382) and the battery. I've also tried checking a couple of fuses and cleaning up corroded terminals.

I'm hoping that I can find a workshop manual that will walk me through diagnosing and fixing the problem. Perhaps a workshop manual for a similar Husqvarna tractor would due.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance!

Rob

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi... I'm new to OPE so let me apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this post.

I've been trying to track down a workshop manual/service manual for a Husqvarna Lawn Tractor, Model YTH2242 with zero success.

I was wondering if anyone could provide one.

I'm trying to diagnose and fix why a YTH2242 is not starting. That means when I turn the key, I get no clicking noise out of the starter solenoid. I've tried replacing the starter (which seems to have the solenoid attached to it... a Kohler 24-098-24 - WI43044, 12V, 61008382) and the battery. I've also tried checking a couple of fuses and cleaning up corroded terminals.

I'm hoping that I can find a workshop manual that will walk me through diagnosing and fixing the problem. Perhaps a workshop manual for a similar Husqvarna tractor would due.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance!

Rob
Hi there! Welcome to OPE! I moved your thread to the mower section. Hopefully it’ll see some more traffic there by the guys who know mowers.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a different mower engagement switch. That happened to me, shut mower off at neighbors, tried to restart, nothing. Went to dealers, they handed me a switch and stated that was the problem 95 percent of time. Same switch is used on many other mowers. Hope that works for you also.

rwinternet

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the quick responses!

I have a copy of the owner's manual but the diagnosis and repair information is pretty close to useless. I'm hoping to find a workshop repair manual but with all the searching I've done (and I've done a lot!), I'm starting to believe that one does not exist.

Regarding the mower engagement switch, I don't think they're that expensive so I'll probably just buy one and try that... I think I'm also going to replace the ignition switch (where you use the key to start the tractor). The tractor is about 16 years old and both should probably be replace anyway (even if they turn out to NOT be the problem... can't hurt).

Anyway, thanks again!

Rob

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does this mower have a seat inter-lock safety switch on it? If so, unplug the seat operator presence switch under the seat, and make a small jumper wire with the correct size spades, jump it out and just do away with the operator presence switch. The mower will stay running when this switch is jumped out if you get off the mower but that doesn't matter if it stays running, just disengage the blades (I would think you'd want it that way anyhow)...helluva lot less wear and tear on the battery/solenoid/starter and helps extend the life of the starter in the long run. I've seen this be the cause a many o' time.

Last edited:

RoyM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The safety switches can be bypassed for troubleshooting purposes but DO NOT leave them disabled, they are there for a reason. In the event of an injury from following your advice the site could be sued.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The safety switches can be bypassed for troubleshooting purposes but DO NOT leave them disabled, they are there for a reason. In the event of an injury from following your advice the site could be sued.
He's a grown man, 60 yrs old, there chief...he can do what he wants. Whether he reads or sees it here, there, or anywhere...this site, nor I, nor you, nor anyone else, is liable for what he methodically and consciously makes a decision to do. Plain and simple. If he jumps the seat switch out and ain't got sense enough prior to getting off the mower...to disengage the deck blades first, idle it down, then put it in neutral, AND THEN APPLY THE PARKING BRAKE...maybe you Safety Man, oughta go cut his yard for him.

If I tell him to go jump off a bridge and he does it...can his ol' lady sue this site or me...I don't think so cowboy!

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone here gave me bad advice.

I'm going to sue!

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a hearing in Congress on the very topic of internet content hosts and liability for content. Bottom line: you're still responsible for your own ass. Sorry if that bothers you.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's a grown man, 60 yrs old, there chief...he can do what he wants. Whether he reads or sees it here, there, or anywhere...this site, nor I, nor you, nor anyone else, is liable for what he methodically and consciously makes a decision to do. Plain and simple. If he jumps the seat switch out and ain't got sense enough prior to getting off the mower...to disengage the deck blades first, idle it down, then put it in neutral, AND THEN APPLY THE PARKING BRAKE...maybe you Safety Man, oughta go cut his yard for him.

If I tell him to go jump off a bridge and he does it...can his ol' lady sue this site or me...I don't think so cowboy!

Had one roll over darn near on top of me all three blades a swirlin' at full tilt. Was all I could to to get it shut down and hold the overturned machine from rolling any more(on top of me) and couldn't get out of harms way either. Would have been nice had it just quit on its own accord. I still have the switch bypassed just don't go on that side hill any more and added a set of wheel weights. Lol

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had one roll over darn near on top of me all three blades a swirlin' at full tilt. Was all I could to to get it shut down and hold the overturned machine from rolling any more(on top of me) and couldn't get out of harms way either. Would have been nice had it just quit on its own accord. I still have the switch bypassed just don't go on that side hill any more and added a set of wheel weights. Lol
I'll submit yer name for an Uncle Sugar Gubment Safety 101 'crash course' here shortly...get ya in the next available class. :hmmm: