High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Removing base gasket on a pulse port cylinder

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Now I understand what your stepping in. I dont believe I seen one with that design. I have heard of folks who drill and tap a hole and run an external hose/line for the carb impulse. Usually done with a carb swap that has a different style of carb.
Exactly ! , I almost did a drill and tap with a small barbed nipple but the pulse port was so close to the crankcase opening I just needed a 1/8" gap I made with a dremel. I made a nice surgery blanket for the case and went to work. I cut all day with it. After porting and no gasket it's a complete new saw

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for ya. It's kinda like catching a trout on a fishing fly that you tied your self. When you bury the bar on a saw that you've massaged on and it pulls way harder than before, it sure does put a smile on your face.

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for ya. It's kinda like catching a trout on a fishing fly that you tied your self. When you bury the bar on a saw that you've massaged on and it pulls way harder than before, it sure does put a smile on your face.
Good way of putting it!