Remember this tomorrow

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of my older friends have passed that fought. One particular was on Normandy Beach on D-Day. Never talked about it and I never asked. He did tell me a few things that his wife later told me that he had never told anyone, not even her. I knew he felt the pain cause I could felt it too. They are sorely missed. One of my old friends I knew most of my life was a ball gunner on the belly of a bomber. He said it was scary while being shot at by Zeros, but he said you had a job to do. He knew a few guys that died on crash belly landings cause the ball was shot up and jammed where they couldn't get out. Great uncle fought the Japanese, he was a Marine.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of my older friends have passed that fought. One particular was on Normandy Beach on D-Day. Never talked about it and I never asked. He did tell me a few things that his wife later told me that he had never told anyone, not even her. I knew he felt the pain cause I could felt it too. They are sorely missed. One of my old friends I knew most of my life was a ball gunner on the belly of a bomber. He said it was scary while being shot at by Zeros, but he said you had a job to do. He knew a few guys that died on crash belly landings cause the ball was shot up and jammed where they couldn't get out. Great uncle fought the Japanese, he was a Marine.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Read an article awhile back that WWII vets are passing at an average of 1000 per day. We owe it to them to keep their history alive. Einstein said, “Those that do not heed history are doomed to repeat it.”