Random pics (that you took) thread...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a great ride, very smooth on the road with a good weight bias, the suspension was loose, but it had very little body roll with the sway bars front and rear and the wide soft tires. It also had dark tinted windows, good thing it had electric windows or I would have been in trouble for them, it was a bit odd sitting there with the windows down on a cold day with a cop next to you :risas3:.
I want to say mine was a 509 casting, it was a 2 bolt main, the guy who built it for me had me on quit the adventure chasing the specific parts he wanted for the build. The good thing is that's one of my favorite things to do, to find what can't be found :sherlock:.
A 383 would be an easier build with the parts more available and something you can "just snap together", and that's what I would probably build if I was to do it again, but for sure it would be high torque if it was as heavy as the Malibu was, much lighter and I'd shoot for a high rpm engine and more gears.
Yes the 509 was the 2 bolt casting, the 4 bolt 511 casting was weak. The interesting think was the older 2 bolt 400 were “high nickel tin block”, most cast before 1975, the block under the bench was cast in 74, but was installed new from the factory in a 77 3/4ton, I looked up all the numbers several times, it’s crazy that gm would have let the block sit that long! What did the Malibu weight? The Camaro weights about 3200 lbs wet. The high reving 377 is a lot of fun, 4.155 bore 3.5stroke and a 6.125 long rod, am using 400 pistons for a 6” rod, .250 less stroke .125 longer rod makes it zero deck. Kinda odd. 4.11’s and a 6-speed is fun for sure, but man is it tempting

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It dumped rain for part of the day! It’s hard to see rain in a pic, but you can see it in this one! lol View attachment 224338View attachment 224340

covering material to keep it from getting soaked!
View attachment 224339

It's been raining here around 3-5 days out of 7. Outside work has skidded to a halt many weeks.
Flash flooding last week at this time and a tornado touched down a few miles from here. The first
one I can recall in years. It wreaked havoc in the short time it swirled around. Thanks for pics of the progress.
Keep them coming!

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been raining here around 3-5 days out of 7. Outside work has skidded to a halt many weeks.
Flash flooding last week at this time and a tornado touched down a few miles from here. The first
one I can recall in years. It wreaked havoc in the short time it swirled around. Thanks for pics of the progress.
Keep them coming!

I got flooded out of work last week, too. When Ciara decided to visit, I decided to take time off. If trees fall down, they fall down. I don't need them falling on me. I prefer just cleaning up.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes the 509 was the 2 bolt casting, the 4 bolt 511 casting was weak. The interesting think was the older 2 bolt 400 were “high nickel tin block”, most cast before 1975, the block under the bench was cast in 74, but was installed new from the factory in a 77 3/4ton, I looked up all the numbers several times, it’s crazy that gm would have let the block sit that long! What did the Malibu weight? The Camaro weights about 3200 lbs wet. The high reving 377 is a lot of fun, 4.155 bore 3.5stroke and a 6.125 long rod, am using 400 pistons for a 6” rod, .250 less stroke .125 longer rod makes it zero deck. Kinda odd. 4.11’s and a 6-speed is fun for sure, but man is it tempting
I don't know much of that stuff(which blocks are best), just did what I was told, the guy had the same basic build in his 78 camaro, but with a full roller cam setup, crazy how low it would idle nice at and still ran low 10's(it didn't hook up well). He also had an eagle talon that would pull the camaro out of the hole, that thing sucked your eyeballs into you head hard, and that's coming from a guy who has had some pretty quick street bikes.
Odd about the truck engine, wonder what was up with that, maybe an extra lot that was sitting and they wanted to get them used up. Doesn't strike me as odd that they had the motors sitting around that long, I've seen many racks of motors at different plants, but it seems odd they would use it after that many yrs.
The Malibu was just shy of 3k, the s10's I threw 327's and 350's in came out at 24oo, even though they never hooked up well it wasn't hard to make a nice 13 second ride that would threaten many on the street. Funny how many would rev their engines at them because they sounded mean with the turndowns just behind the cab. Those turndowns where great when racing, I always took the left lane, which no-one wanted anyway racing on the street, then as long as I pulley's them a little out of the hole they couldn't hear there engine to shift, worked for me lol.
With gears that low I imagine it has plenty of torque with that setup, but then again I don't have to imagine cause I've seen the videos :D.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Train was all tankers.
da74d54e47efc387bfed9b9757a6e270.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AH yes, it reminds me back in the day when I was trying to nail down the timing and carburetion on the mustangs.

This reminds me of what my 91 Accord is currently doing lol. Start sputtering so I floor it then it starts backfiring through the intake then it takes off like a rocket !

Zero fuggs giveth

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
VA hospital from my street

View attachment 224896
Building looks similar to the one in Battle Creek MI, you don't want to be in most of that one, guys there aren't doing well mentally. I did a lot of drywall deliveries there, we had to have a code to get in and out, and you were never to let anyone out who didn't have shoelaces o_O. I've heard it was the only vet hospital in the country for guys who were real bad off, quite sad.