p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BBF my sons 360. Dumb azz we bought it from had the short block rebuilt, and he put the top end on. From day one the intake water jackets leaked into the lifter valley. Full rebuild, and will probably do a Scat stroker kit. Just a chitty deal though.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was it 5.7 rods or 6”? What were the heads, cam and compression?
5.7 with the smugger heads with custom pistons for a hair under 10-1, it was .040 over.
It was set up for 450 with a max of 600 as I was going to squirt 100hp to it.
It was a wild ride, lots of torque, very fun on the street. Suspension was set up for turns, I had the gold 91 gta wheels on it, the car was the ugly metallic brown with a light colored soft top on it, it was funny when I put my steel 14" s10 wheels on it:risas3:.
Looked similar to this one, wouldn't mind having another, very simple rides.
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 8.59.04 PM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep if it wasn't a 2.5 hour drive, I would be taking a trip to his house.
When someone gets one over on me I just have to believe they will get theirs, things always work out in the end.
Hope it doesn't sound to cliche, but I sincerely believe it.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the same Brett. But i still want to kick someones azz...:D
I get that.
I had a guy steal everything I owned except a 3/4" oak entertainment center, the clothes on my back and the ones I had with me, what made it worse was that I knew who it was. I was on the rd driving truck at the time and couldn't do anything, that was probably best ;). Ends up not long later he got in with some guys and stole from them, he ended up in the hospital drinking through a straw.
Many times we don't get to see how things work out, but now and then we do.
I still have that entertainment center, I made it a bit narrower and use it to store my firewood in, I don't want to want to forget that it could all be taken away in a moment and the entertainment center helps me to remember that.

Matt 6:19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.21.27 PM.png

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5.7 with the smugger heads with custom pistons for a hair under 10-1, it was .040 over.
It was set up for 450 with a max of 600 as I was going to squirt 100hp to it.
It was a wild ride, lots of torque, very fun on the street. Suspension was set up for turns, I had the gold 91 gta wheels on it, the car was the ugly metallic brown with a light colored soft top on it, it was funny when I put my steel 14" s10 wheels on it:risas3:.
Looked similar to this one, wouldn't mind having another, very simple rides.
View attachment 224315
That’s a cool ride! I like the color combo! A 400sb can be a awesome motor, but have had a bad rap from the steam holes. I have a super nice .040 400 block under my bench, it’s a .10-.20 block so it has lots of tin and nickel in it, should be strong. I have always been happy with build 400sb torque

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It dumped rain for part of the day! It’s hard to see rain in a pic, but you can see it in this one! lol View attachment 224338View attachment 224340

covering material to keep it from getting soaked!
View attachment 224339

It hasn't rained near as much down here - you guys seem to get the cold and wet weather a lot more than we do. Maybe it's because you guys get more of the northerly influence, where most of our systems
come in from the south?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It hasn't rained near as much down here - you guys seem to get the cold and wet weather a lot more than we do. Maybe it's because you guys get more of the northerly influence, where most of our systems
come in from the south?
It’s been a weird winter!! It seems like some years the weather hits a certain spot more than others, I have I relative that live up hwy 6, on the Wilson River and they got 40” of rain in January! It was crazy wet! Next week is supposed to be nicer!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a cool ride! I like the color combo! A 400sb can be a awesome motor, but have had a bad rap from the steam holes. I have a super nice .040 400 block under my bench, it’s a .10-.20 block so it has lots of tin and nickel in it, should be strong. I have always been happy with build 400sb torque
It was a great ride, very smooth on the road with a good weight bias, the suspension was loose, but it had very little body roll with the sway bars front and rear and the wide soft tires. It also had dark tinted windows, good thing it had electric windows or I would have been in trouble for them, it was a bit odd sitting there with the windows down on a cold day with a cop next to you :risas3:.
I want to say mine was a 509 casting, it was a 2 bolt main, the guy who built it for me had me on quit the adventure chasing the specific parts he wanted for the build. The good thing is that's one of my favorite things to do, to find what can't be found :sherlock:.
A 383 would be an easier build with the parts more available and something you can "just snap together", and that's what I would probably build if I was to do it again, but for sure it would be high torque if it was as heavy as the Malibu was, much lighter and I'd shoot for a high rpm engine and more gears.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
come in from the south?
We can get more Arctic influences, but anything more north would be worse, the beach is totally different than were I live, about 7-10 miles inland, there is a small mountain range that protects quite a bit, depending on the weather direction, I grew up in beaver as a kid, and it is completely surrounded by mountains, and will get warmer in the summer and colder in the winter. It’s 13 miles south, and would normally get several inch’s of snow and Tillamook nothing, it’s odd how the weather can pocket.