Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone used fine steel wool to clean up a cylinder, or is it too abrasive? I can't seem to find any muriatic acid locally. Mebbe it's called sumfin different in Europe.

I just sand it off like Randy (mastermind) does. I feel steel wool is not abrasive enough to do the job. Plating is usually pretty tough. I dont like using acid because i once cleaned a cylinder that had a porous spot in the plating and ate the underlying aluminum.:(

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check out this local scar on the landscape

View attachment 208328

View attachment 208327

There's got to be about 500 houses crammed so close everyone in the neighborhood could hold hands without leaving their house. And they all have to share one little pool.
All the new zoning rules here suck, they basically don’t want your to build a single family home near a city, they want extreme density! There is a lot in the the city limits here, it’s two acres and they want a mandatory 13 unit’s, and half of its wetlands....they are nuts! I would pay twice the asking price to be a single family, but I asked planning and it was an absolutely not!

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check out this local scar on the landscape

View attachment 208328

View attachment 208327

There's got to be about 500 houses crammed so close everyone in the neighborhood could hold hands without leaving their house. And they all have to share one little pool.
That's crazy. Look up the Westhaven subdivision in Franklin tn out on 96 just west of downtown Franklin

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, I could not get the clutch off with a (admitedly small) breaker bar or with my DeWalt impact. It's clearly marked which way to go(clock wise like you normally would tighten bolts). WTF... Is there trick? I mean, I know, 33 years of prolly being on there and stuff.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, I could not get the clutch off with a (admitedly small) breaker bar or with my DeWalt impact. It's clearly marked which way to go(clock wise like you normally would tighten bolts). WTF... Is there trick? I mean, I know, 33 years of prolly being on there and stuff.

I just smack them off with a hammer and screwdriver.