Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dressed one of my bars. Nothing fancy. Just use the skill saw with a stick on sanding disk. Cut the teath off so they dont hit the bar. Maybe one day get something better.... na im too cheap. Lol
eda65c84e5d9b1c227734aa300b2167e.jpg
e1a752c71120de9ba70d3d72346322eb.jpg
1d9e9ac155ec3357d5a84ac2fa154814.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I dig it!

What are those?

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20191105_033842.jpg
Custom fit Wescos. Hated to spend the money and tried to cheap out on some rocky duty boots. $220 for a pair that lasts only 9 months doesn't cut it. I have tried other shoes and boots in the past and have a hard time finding something that fits right. And I tear up all the others in 9 months tops. Since Wesco has my measurements already its just order online and wait. I didn't expect them for another month.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 206211
Custom fit Wescos. Hated to spend the money and tried to cheap out on some rocky duty boots. $220 for a pair that lasts only 9 months doesn't cut it. I have tried other shoes and boots in the past and have a hard time finding something that fits right. And I tear up all the others in 9 months tops. Since Wesco has my measurements already its just order online and wait. I didn't expect them for another month.

Nice!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks nice!! Did they make many of those? I knew Oregon made some husky bars, haven’t seen the rw husky branded. Was thinking of picking up a standard 36” husky bar, they have them at my dealer for $54
I never seen them before. I was wondering if they were an error. I got a couple of them off eBay from a company that sells a lot of closeout items, maybe they got ahold of them because they couldn't be sold at the dealers for some reason.
$54 seems like a great price to me, they probably sell a lot more 36" bars out your way than here. I have a couple husky 36's and a couple stihl 36's here, the last time I used one was probably over a yr ago.
I usually use them on large rotten trees or to get more reach when I'm against a fence, I don't think I've ever used one in the woods.
Here's a big nasty yard tree I did a few summers ago :eek:.
I had to angle it across the back yard to lay it out. There was a video of it, I'll see if my buddy still has it, it was quite the sight in this little back yard especially when it hit the ground :yikes:.
Neighbors did not want to move their cars lol.
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.01.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.01.51 AM.png
Soon as she started blowing dirty chips I stopped the gunning cut, good thing :thumbup:.
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.00.19 AM.png
You should have seen the biggest round on the tail of my trailer it looked at though it was going to roll right off the back, no-one rode my tail that day:aaaaa:.
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.03.03 AM.png
Cleaned all the loose stuff off the stump and the family stopped by.
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.13.43 AM.png

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Lot of people don’t know the rule, and either feel guilty for hitting the mailbox or whatever, it’s stupid because power pole and other solid objects are usually worse! Lot of people get away with crazy welded mailbox’s here. But if a lawyer hits it your paying!
Small town near me used RR track for their stops signs posts, worked well.
But after a while they had to remove them , liability.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never seen them before. I was wondering if they were an error. I got a couple of them off eBay from a company that sells a lot of closeout items, maybe they got ahold of them because they couldn't be sold at the dealers for some reason.
$54 seems like a great price to me, they probably sell a lot more 36" bars out your way than here. I have a couple husky 36's and a couple stihl 36's here, the last time I used one was probably over a yr ago.
I usually use them on large rotten trees or to get more reach when I'm against a fence, I don't think I've ever used one in the woods.
Here's a big nasty yard tree I did a few summers ago :eek:.
I had to angle it across the back yard to lay it out. There was a video of it, I'll see if my buddy still has it, it was quite the sight in this little back yard especially when it hit the ground :yikes:.
Neighbors did not want to move their cars lol.
View attachment 206249
View attachment 206251
Soon as she started blowing dirty chips I stopped the gunning cut, good thing :thumbup:.
View attachment 206250
You should have seen the biggest round on the tail of my trailer it looked at though it was going to roll right off the back, no-one rode my tail that day:aaaaa:.
View attachment 206252
Cleaned all the loose stuff off the stump and the family stopped by.
View attachment 206253
Nice job! The 36” husky bars are on close out, I think they are $89 regular! What.. a creamsicle? Lol do your hands stihl feel like there vibrating ? Lol

That’s one way to stop tailgating!!

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small town near me used RR track for their stops signs posts, worked well.
But after a while they had to remove them , liability.
haha! Ya that could be a problem! All of the metal ones here are breakaway style, either a small shear bolt or a shear pad and the posts are 2” with tons of holes, I don’t know what there called

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
haha! Ya that could be a problem! All of the metal ones here are breakaway style, either a small shear bolt or a shear pad and the posts are 2” with tons of holes, I don’t know what there called

I was having dinner at a local diner with the family last week. The diner is at a corner intersection. Some dude plowed over a stop sign right there! Didnt even stop! Just kept on truckin!

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 206211
When I bought mine a lifetime ago the paperwork said they'd rebuild them for 60% of new cost. Been long enough that if they needed rebuilt 60% of today's cost is more dollars than I spend up at Chuck's boots in Fenton when orthopedic surgeon recommended keeping pressure on calf even after the break grew together.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I bought mine a lifetime ago the paperwork said they'd rebuild them for 60% of new cost. Been long enough that if they needed rebuilt 60% of today's cost is more dollars than I spend up at Chuck's boots in Fenton when orthopedic surgeon recommended keeping pressure on calf even after the break grew together.

Chucks Boots is an amazing boot store! I work a traffic light from that place.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job! The 36” husky bars are on close out, I think they are $89 regular! What.. a creamsicle? Lol do your hands stihl feel like there vibrating ? Lol

That’s one way to stop tailgating!!
Thanks, it was a fun one, not.
Thats a good price, better grab a couple.
I actually have quite a few, dont tell anyone though lol.
660's with a heavy bar and a smooth cutting chain arent bad. I may run my ported 440 later today, tuning a 20" square chain for the ported 70cc saws, hopefully I don't need any therapy on my wrists afterwards:risas3:. Should be a smooth chain.
Finger added for focus, I'd crop it if I was on the computer.
20191104_202056.jpg

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've sent a pair back to be rebuilt once and should do it for one of my other pairs that I have almost destroyed and see if they can be done. Chuck's looks to be a 4 hour drive for me, just a little too far.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag