chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm always on the look out for a 2500.

And how are you keeping the rust at bay?
You looking for a 4wd or 2wd.
If you want a clean one check the RV magazines, nice low milage units with no rust, but you'll pay.

It was fresh out of Oregon 4 springs ago and I don't drive it much in the winter.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not as much as a 60, but better than a 48 for sure :eek:.
I prefer a 60 mainly because of the overhang, if you don't have anything you need the overhang for it's not a big difference in time savings on a smaller lawn. I may sell my 60" rider and get another 52 or 60 walk behind, as most of what I do I can get done quicker since they are more nimble and a lot kinder to lawns than a zero turn rider, my 60" is the biggest and heaviest 60" exmark made that yr, try getting on a wet lawn that is already soft with it, it can also be sketchy on his for turfing it up, but it's very stable so at least I'm safe :D.

You'll keep learning for a long time. I try to avoid going in a full circle around a tree or any other obstacle. When I'm approaching an obstacle I will go around the opposite side as what most would, this will make you turn about 2/3 of the way around it, then when I come back the opposite direction I go the other way around it which completes the circle around it. The exceptions to that are; when I don't want the chute facing the obstacle, I'm double cutting(cutting two different directions) so I will get a little on all four corners, or if it's in a highly visible area I want to look nicely striped.
I don't have many pictures of yards from the last couple yrs, but here's one I did last yr, I've done it a few times this yr, just not weekly.
View attachment 192686
I also did all the landscaping on this one, some before pics :confused:.
View attachment 192687 View attachment 192688 View attachment 192689 View attachment 192690

I had done some work on a 60" for a customer and mowed my lawn with it afterwards. Thats how i found out a 60 was not that good for my use. Thats what i love most about working on lawn and garden stuff. You can experience a variety of equipment insted of guessing by reading specs and reviews on the internet.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had done some work on a 60" for a customer and mowed my lawn with it afterwards. Thats how i found out a 60 was not that good for my use. Thats what i love most about working on lawn and garden stuff. You can experience a variety of equipment insted of guessing by reading specs and reviews on the internet.
That's awesome you get to do that, I spend a lot of cash to do that. I was thinking you could just cut a few trees down and then a 60 would work lol.
I like to run lots of equipment and see what I like, so much of it is subject to personal preference and what it's being used for that much of what's read is hard to decipher. I will many times buy 2 or 3 of the same/similar item and try them all out, then sell the ones that I like the least, many times that lowers my cost on the one I keep. Sometimes on certain equipment I can swap parts around to get exactly what I want on the one I'm keeping, other times I sell them all and go buy one set up how I want it.
You don't happen to have a single wire coil for a Kohler command pro laying around by any chance, I know a guy who needs one :cool:.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You looking for a 4wd or 2wd.
If you want a clean one check the RV magazines, nice low milage units with no rust, but you'll pay.

It was fresh out of Oregon 4 springs ago and I don't drive it much in the winter.

Well the lack of winter driving will sure do the trick.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SODA!
Liking the Honda.

If you look closely at that boat you can see a stihl on the front and the back:risas3:.
Liking the Honda, did I say that before :D.
What's on the bumper of the Yamaha.
The Yamaha has a paper plate, for a number plate.
You like Honda’s? I’m not sure? Lol

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lovely evening out in Glencree walking the hounds:

169559305.KLhlG23E.IMG_1757.jpg

Looking the opposite way:

169559304.FXDsdmIm.IMG_1793.jpg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love this mower!

Mowed my BILs property while he's away.

View attachment 192745
Looks good, fun tool aren't they.
I always tell people to buy equipment you will enjoy running, that way you'll be more apt to do the work.
I can't stand mowing, but I like running my mower lol.