Random pics (that you took) thread...

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Toxicity of Foxglove. As with many poisonous plants, foxglove is poisonous to both people and pets. The plant contains cardiac glycosides such as digitoxin, digloxin, and digitalin. The foxglove plant is actually the source of the heart medication known as digitalis.

Erik

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like a fancy store flower to me.
Thats what i thought too!
I am pretty sure its not a "totally" wild plant here in the UK ....If i didn't have it , I would most likely get the plant from a Garden Store or be given a devision by a friend.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Toxicity of Foxglove. As with many poisonous plants, foxglove is poisonous to both people and pets. The plant contains cardiac glycosides such as digitoxin, digloxin, and digitalin. The foxglove plant is actually the source of the heart medication known as digitalis.

Erik

Erik
Ya my dad told us that when we were kids, I had some friends that thought they were honey suckle! Apparently they were taught to eat the inside edge of the petals....