chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here.
Weed, flower, basketball, woodchuck, lawn chair, if it's laying there when I'm mowin, it's getting chopped up.
That's what I'm saying.
My boy didn't pick his climbing rope up when I asked twice, I was going around it(maybe a little close so it would damage it just enough to bum him out a bit), well next thing you know it was wrapped tight as could be around the spindles and blades :eek:. I parked it in front of the house and told him to get his rope off my mower, he picks them up now when I ask him to :D.
I did a bit of brush hogging at the neighbors yesterday and it started raining, when I got back to the house the pressure washer was already out so she got a bath, since I already had a shower lol.
Just noticed, if you look by the tailwheel you can see a rope my boy has in the tree, I told him to move it from the front the other day, must be he still remembers the lesson from last summer :).
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 9.31.59 AM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this place yesterday on the way to look at a tree job, I was wanting to stop, but I needed to keep rolling.
Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.45.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.45.06 PM.png
This was just down the rd so I snapped a quick pic since we were just talking about graders on AS in the scrounging wood thread the day before. It was at a large excavating company.
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.05.40 PM.png

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's going on there.....mud and straw?
It's thatch.
Man that is amazing. I design roofs often. That thing is beautiful. Would like to hear more about it if you know anything.
I know nothing about it, but it looks cool. I used to have a roofing business so I have a tendency to notice roofs. There is a thatch roof a couple towns north of me, I have no idea who even does them in our area, there are many near Lake Michigan in holland so it could have been done by one of the companies they use.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which quad is that.

Funny, I saw this one today :beer-toast1:.
Don't see these often.
View attachment 179346

I've spent time in three of those. Did a road trip from WA to WI in July in one with no blower fan. That was a steamy trip with two guys over 200#.

After that my wife owned one for a few months. Awful, noisy thing that wouldn't go into reverse unless you'd been extra nice to everyone you met that day. That was before I knew anything about cars (not that I know much now) and I had charging issues one day about 50 miles from home. Coasted to a stop on a gravel road in Tacoma. Actually stopped in front of a place with two VW vans and a Jetta in the driveway. Guy turned out to be a VW mechanic who had me back on the road in minutes!

Last one was owned by another friend of mine. It was still about as safe and comfy as a go kart, but it'd had a TDI from a Jetta swapped into it. That was a fun little "truck".

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've spent time in three of those. Did a road trip from WA to WI in July in one with no blower fan. That was a steamy trip with two guys over 200#.

After that my wife owned one for a few months. Awful, noisy thing that wouldn't go into reverse unless you'd been extra nice to everyone you met that day. That was before I knew anything about cars (not that I know much now) and I had charging issues one day about 50 miles from home. Coasted to a stop on a gravel road in Tacoma. Actually stopped in front of a place with two VW vans and a Jetta in the driveway. Guy turned out to be a VW mechanic who had me back on the road in minutes!

Last one was owned by another friend of mine. It was still about as safe and comfy as a go kart, but it'd had a TDI from a Jetta swapped into it. That was a fun little "truck".
Cool little rides, much like old saws, I'd take them for a ride around the block, but not something I'd want to have to run every day lol.
How'd the new wood stove do for you this winter, did you ever start a thread on it.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool little rides, much like old saws, I'd take them for a ride around the block, but not something I'd want to have to run every day lol.
How'd the new wood stove do for you this winter, did you ever start a thread on it.

Stove is good. Gotta go down and put some wood in before bedtime. We're not quite done burning wood yet, though I am ready. I wouldn't say it is EVERYTHING Dale says it is, but it's worlds better than what we had before. I don't think I ever did start a thread, but I will at some point. I'm gonna make some adjustments to my install after the heating season is actually done. Hopefully once it's fine tuned to our house it'll be perfect.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stove is good. Gotta go down and put some wood in before bedtime. We're not quite done burning wood yet, though I am ready. I wouldn't say it is EVERYTHING Dale says it is, but it's worlds better than what we had before. I don't think I ever did start a thread, but I will at some point. I'm gonna make some adjustments to my install after the heating season is actually done. Hopefully once it's fine tuned to our house it'll be perfect.
Looking forward to hearing more on it.
I hauled in an armload of splits and a double wheeled wheelbarrow overfilled with odds a couple days ago, I let it go out last night because it was up to 74 in here, that was because my wife made breakfast for dinner and had the oven on for my bacon. We have never started the furnace here, been here since 2010 so I burn a good amount of small fires in the shoulder season or fire up the pellet stove for a few. What's funny is I was wanting the AC the other day, it was like 81 here :eek:.
Bacon!
Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 3.08.40 PM.png