Random pics (that you took) thread...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is pretty neat up there. We stayed in Knife River, just north of Duluth.
The first day we drove all the way up to the Canadian boarder. Hiked some trails back to waterfalls and such, and worked our way back south.
The next day we went back as far north as where we left off, and did it again. We spent 3 full days just hiking trails along rivers and waterfalls up there.

A couple trails we did not hit due to being a bit too difficult for my girls at the age they were at. I can't recall which falls those were at though. I would need to dig out a map and see if my memory comes back.
Some of the inlaws live up that way, bunch of Norwegian's.
We've got three kids 11, 9, 6 so lots of hiking is probably not what we'd be doing, do they rent golf carts or utv's, I'd like that better myself:risas3:. There is some beautiful land up there, lots here in Michigan you can see too.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My nephew broke down 50 miles from home, so I went to get him... this freaking 6.7 Powerstroke is a towing beast! It has so much more power than my ‘06 Cummins that it’s almost unbelievable.

View attachment 166482
The new transmissions really help too! More gears more better!

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new transmissions really help too! More gears more better!
I’ve always preferred manual trans, but this 6 speed auto is pretty awesome for towing. I just put it in Tow/Haul and turn the exhaust brake on and the truck does the rest... the only thing I don’t like is sometimes it won’t downshift from 6th quite soon enough for me, so I just manually downshift it.

I’ve heard the 2020 Super Duty is getting a 10 speed auto.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve always preferred manual trans, but this 6 speed auto is pretty awesome for towing. I just put it in Tow/Haul and turn the exhaust brake on and the truck does the rest... the only thing I don’t like is sometimes it won’t downshift from 6th quite soon enough for me, so I just manually downshift it.

I’ve heard the 2020 Super Duty is getting a 10 speed auto.
I am a total manual transmission guy, but the 10-speed would be nice, until it goes out! Probably going to be 10-12k for a rebuild!

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a total manual transmission guy, but the 10-speed would be nice, until it goes out! Probably going to be 10-12k for a rebuild!
Yeah I really miss the 6 speed manual that I had in my Ram, but this 6 speed auto seems to be well built... from what I’ve read, they will hold up to 650 hp in stock form. Allison’s will barely hold up to stock power in the GMs and don’t even get me started on the POS 68rfe’s in the Rams. At least the new 2019 Ram HDs get the Aisan in the 1000 lb ft trucks.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly on my, "BUCKET LIST!":rolleyes:

Baltimore County Fire Department
14 hrs ago
On February 16 crews from Edgemere, Eastview and North Point-Edgemere VFD rescued a man stuck in a tree in the 7200 block of Waldman Ave., 21219. The man was 24 feet above the ground in a polyethylene drum; he and his brother were trying to remove the tree when the cable used to move the drum became stuck in a tree branch. Crews used a rigging system to lower him to the ground. -- and suggested a licensed professional to handle such a dangerous job. #livingtoserve #allinadayswork EA

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the inlaws live up that way, bunch of Norwegian's.
We've got three kids 11, 9, 6 so lots of hiking is probably not what we'd be doing, do they rent golf carts or utv's, I'd like that better myself:risas3:. There is some beautiful land up there, lots here in Michigan you can see too.

August 2015, Sleeping Bear Dunes Mi.

IMG_20150817_114007.jpg

That was another neat place

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a short clip of Metallica that I took last fall when I saw them. I wish I could remember which song they were playing this drumming solo intro to... pay attention to the very end where he starts playing his guitar with a drum stick. I stopped the video and seconds later caught that stick.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can tell, the tires still look new lol.

Do you ever use PB blaster, I've had good luck with it on steel/aluminum seized nuts/bolts.
I would imagine some heat would help as said too.
Was asking because I had considered an excursion with a v-10, never followed thru though.

I dont jump on the pb blaster train. Im not a user of penatration oil either. Too messy. I have other quicker ways to deal with siezed fasteners.

The v10 is a dog. 5-6 mpg when towing. You made a wise decision not getting that truck. Reliable is all it has going for it. But reliable alone wont get the groceries home!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont jump on the pb blaster train. Im not a user of penatration oil either. Too messy. I have other quicker ways to deal with siezed fasteners.

The v10 is a dog. 5-6 mpg when towing. You made a wise decision not getting that truck. Reliable is all it has going for it. But reliable alone wont get the groceries home!
I'm not big on all of the chemicals, but certain ones help.
WD40 has its place as does PB, also used a lot of chemicals when detailing.
Hot wrench is my biggest friend here in the rust belt, but I'd rather buy cars that have none to start with.
With the Excursion it's more about getting everyone in and all my saws/tools being covered and still having 4wd, it can be an expensive venture.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly on my, "BUCKET LIST!":rolleyes:

Baltimore County Fire Department
14 hrs ago
On February 16 crews from Edgemere, Eastview and North Point-Edgemere VFD rescued a man stuck in a tree in the 7200 block of Waldman Ave., 21219. The man was 24 feet above the ground in a polyethylene drum; he and his brother were trying to remove the tree when the cable used to move the drum became stuck in a tree branch. Crews used a rigging system to lower him to the ground. -- and suggested a licensed professional to handle such a dangerous job. #livingtoserve #allinadayswork EA

:eeeeek: