chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those were August 2016.

The pinkish colored rocks on the one beach was rather interesting. All those rocks are hollow. It made for very strange windchime type noises when you would walk on them and when the waves would hit and roll them around.
That's cool, I'd like to make it up that way and thru MN out west sometime soon with the family.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's cool, I'd like to make it up that way and thru MN out west sometime soon with the family.

It is pretty neat up there. We stayed in Knife River, just north of Duluth.
The first day we drove all the way up to the Canadian boarder. Hiked some trails back to waterfalls and such, and worked our way back south.
The next day we went back as far north as where we left off, and did it again. We spent 3 full days just hiking trails along rivers and waterfalls up there.

A couple trails we did not hit due to being a bit too difficult for my girls at the age they were at. I can't recall which falls those were at though. I would need to dig out a map and see if my memory comes back.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not high enough STIHL chain never missed a beat.:b1:
View attachment 166435
Should have cut it out of the bucket :D.
The chain on that saw was about half gone anyway, I'm guessing that was part of the mitigation plan :campeon:.
I got a bunch of the new Oregon chain, it's pretty durable, but I can't see any chain liking that. Do you remember that big ash I did(pics in the scrounge thread) on top of the hill/dropoff, I tried to go around where I "knew the wire was in the tree and saved my last two cuts on that stem for that area, then I hit something on a brand new chain, thought that was it and then destroyed another new chain :facepalm:, that really stunk.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you fog the intake on those before pulling the plugs.
I've never done them before, but I've busted one or two plugs off in aluminum cylinders before :eek:.

You can but i just rip them out with a 3/8 air impact. Can do the whole job in about 45min. Have only broke 3 in the last 25 3 valves ive done plugs that way. Even if i break one or two. I can still crush book time!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can but i just rip them out with a 3/8 air impact. Can do the whole job in about 45min. Have only broke 3 in the last 25 3 valves ive done plugs that way. Even if i break one or two. I can still crush book time!

Would it help any to have the motor hot?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ford is no better. This was after its second oil change.

View attachment 166470
I can tell, the tires still look new lol.
Do you ever use PB blaster, I've had good luck with it on steel/aluminum seized nuts/bolts.
I would imagine some heat would help as said too.
Was asking because I had considered an excursion with a v-10, never followed thru though.