Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it was more about what vehicle/machine it was from
If that's the case. It's going to bolted onto a Ford 6.7 Powerstroke. But, it's not an OEM part for a Ford.

The hope is it will be better than the Bosch CP4.1 HPFP it's replacing.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that's the case. It's going to bolted onto a Ford 6.7 Powerstroke. But, it's not an OEM part for a Ford.

The hope is it will be better than the Bosch CP4.1 HPFP it's replacing.

What is so bad about those pumps? We have one with 288k on it and another with 100k. Those 6.7s are everywhere and I've never personally heard of or seen one grenade like everyone talks about them.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is so bad about those pumps? We have one with 288k on it and another with 100k. Those 6.7s are everywhere and I've never personally heard of or seen one grenade like everyone talks about them.

I hear about it on the GM side with the LML.
Supposedly they explode all the time.
I've seen 2 failed pumps and only 1 had the dreaded metal everywhere issue I always hear about. The other just quit making pressure.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear about it on the GM side with the LML.
Supposedly they explode all the time.
I've seen 2 failed pumps and only 1 had the dreaded metal everywhere issue I always hear about. The other just quit making pressure.
Yes have a buddy with the lml, and has had two pumps installed with the second the metal shavings kind! Not good! Was an expensive fix

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We've had two in the family crater. The first one was due (imho) to #2 fuel being run in to cold of temps and it partly gelling. These pump do not take kindly to a vacuum or pumping air.

Second one I believe was due to fuel tank vent plugging so bad the tank went from holding 38 gallons to around 14 gallons.

The barrels in pumps under a suction situation can rotate, then chew themselves on the bore up.

As ED said, some just ware out. There's guys out there 500k miles on the original pump.

They like a supply of clean, air and water free fuel. Personally I'm not scared of them.