Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this your car? We need to make a thread about old cars
No, someone I deliver to. He used to have a towing company and found and bought several cars like this at various times. Prices on things like these are climbing too much anymore for me to consider buying a restored play thing. I do have a '55 chevy 4 door that I need to bring into the shop and start redoing it. Once I do some wiring and get a welder I might get started on playing again.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, someone I deliver to. He used to have a towing company and found and bought several cars like this at various times. Prices on things like these are climbing too much anymore for me to consider buying a restored play thing. I do have a '55 chevy 4 door that I need to bring into the shop and start redoing it. Once I do some wiring and get a welder I might get started on playing again.
'57 Bel Air is my bucket list car. Or a '70 El Camino. But as you said its not a poor man's game anymore.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this during the final leg of my Sunday walk with the pup.
Printed identically on both sides.
I'd stick 3M adhesive strips on them and slap 'em right onto the drivers view field!

IMG_20240602_082935.jpg

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'57 Bel Air is my bucket list car. Or a '70 El Camino. But as you said its not a poor man's game anymore.
If we had known 50 years ago how the market wood change ! My mechanic bought a road runner with wing for $1500 back when, for example. I had a 914/6. Yes that 6 does meen a weber trip carb on each side of the engine bay. 911 t motor. Over 500 brought/sold in US in the few years it was made. Was told it wood be in the $80k-95k range today. Fun while it lasted