Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20210802_200222.jpg IMG_20210802_202415.jpg 1627779174509.jpg
Still fighting the boat motor and getting tired of it. Opened it up to check reeds I put in and pulled the idler off since it has a shimmy to it. Bearings running dry and parts ordered. Freaking thing has more new parts and if I had insurance on it there might have been a slight fire with it. May just have to trace the wire harness one wire at a time. Still caught fish saturday though.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 304243 View attachment 304244 View attachment 304245
Still fighting the boat motor and getting tired of it. Opened it up to check reeds I put in and pulled the idler off since it has a shimmy to it. Bearings running dry and parts ordered. Freaking thing has more new parts and if I had insurance on it there might have been a slight fire with it. May just have to trace the wire harness one wire at a time. Still caught fish saturday though.
What motor and whats it doing?

Good looking buch of fish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What motor and whats it doing?

Good looking buch of fish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
2007 75hp Optimax. Slow throttle up to 4000-4200 no problems it feels like. Once throttle goes past a certain point it misses out and will keep missing out through full throttle. No trouble codes, compression, fuel, air and water pressure are where they need to be. All reading I did on forums for problems, if anything was suspect or close to out of tolerance it was replaced. New impeller, fuel lines and bulb, plugs, reeds, coils, fuel pumps, injectors(fuel and air), tpi, filters, crank sensor, and the computer was sent to Simon performance in california for testing. I have wiggled wires while running to see if something broken. Nada. Got a remote key switch showing up this week to take throttle control wiring out of picture.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2007 75hp Optimax. Slow throttle up to 4000-4200 no problems it feels like. Once throttle goes past a certain point it misses out and will keep missing out through full throttle. No trouble codes, compression, fuel, air and water pressure are where they need to be. All reading I did on forums for problems, if anything was suspect or close to out of tolerance it was replaced. New impeller, fuel lines and bulb, plugs, reeds, coils, fuel pumps, injectors(fuel and air), tpi, filters, crank sensor, and the computer was sent to Simon performance in california for testing. I have wiggled wires while running to see if something broken. Nada. Got a remote key switch showing up this week to take throttle control wiring out of picture.
Sounds spark related, like coil or stator

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds spark related, like coil or stator
All new coils, no stator. Could be a coil breaking down was a thought of mine as well. All timing is handled by the computer. I'll do a resistance check on the coils in the morning just because.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All new coils, no stator. Could be a coil breaking down was a thought of mine as well. All timing is handled by the computer. I'll do a resistance check on the coils in the morning just because.

Any chance you checked for a leaking base gasket or a restriction in the exhaust housing?

I never liked those 3cyl opti's but they were good for the most part.

Steven