Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the end, it's just money, and most of us have more than we need. The joy that pets bring to my life is hard to put a price tag on.
I almost choked when I found out my dog is eating $4/lb dog food. Like you said, it is just money, and you are right about having more than we need. Glad Rob is ok. The cranberry thing really is a thing for stones. Look into it.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Rob is home now and back to his usual sourpuss self! Vet will recheck him in 2 weeks, as of right now his bodily functions seem to be all green lights. Thanks everyone for your prayers and kindness!

View attachment 359480

View attachment 359481

Glad that Rob is back home and back to his old self. Nothing like seeing a proud dad with his precious one.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost choked when I found out my dog is eating $4/lb dog food. Like you said, it is just money, and you are right about having more than we need. Glad Rob is ok. The cranberry thing really is a thing for stones. Look into it.
I think we would do 1/4 tablet per day or twice per day, but eventually it can get to the point of 1/2 tablet once or twice per day to keep the most serious problems at bay, but then finding a tasty enough food becomes the problem. We settled on some blue pouch of high quality chicken cat food that seemed good enough for people food. That stuff is almost irresistible to the sickest of cats even with medicine in it.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just saw this, 1 of my boys was near 100% blocked, was my first experience w/ it. By the time i realized the severity of the problem it was Saturday night, I did some googling and found out he could die if i waited to get him treated so off to a 24 hour clinic. First estimate for his treatment was not much under 2000 dollars. I told the assistant it was totally unreasonable and she went back to the vet and came back with 3 more estimates on paper and explained 1 at a time from the highest to the lowest and lowest 500 dollars wasn't even an worthy option as she said the cat would probably be back to the same condition the next day. There were several ridiculously high charges such as 100 dollars for 1 night of pain meds that i disputed and she shifted some thing's around and got it down about $900. I think it was 2 nights they had him and Monday morning i picked him up and took him with the catheter straight to my local vet who kept him another day or 2 until all was clear and she removed the catheter all for little over $200. His primary diet has been Purina 1 UT formula since. It's mixed about 1/2 with water. He gets a little canned food and eats a significant amount of rodents when out about 1/3 the time. About 4 years this has worked well for him.
I have 3 females that's had multiple UT issues also . Been struggling with 1 lately, she gets into things and eats whats bad for her. Looked like she ate a large amount of brown sugar is what i think triggered the last. None of the females were 100% blocked and about 10 days of antibiotic and prescription UT food has been effective. Vet wants me to feed them 4, 100% U T at about $2.25 a can or $300 + a month + I feed 6 more cats, a dog and my poultry. I keep a close eye on the cats, mix water with their food and substitute some less expensive non prescription food for prescription when they are obviously doing well. Been aiming to start feeding them deer meat but I haven't the space to add a freezer at this point. Also considered trapping some muskrats to feed them . Game should be good with a UT diet.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we would do 1/4 tablet per day or twice per day, but eventually it can get to the point of 1/2 tablet once or twice per day to keep the most serious problems at bay, but then finding a tasty enough food becomes the problem. We settled on some blue pouch of high quality chicken cat food that seemed good enough for people food. That stuff is almost irresistible to the sickest of cats even with medicine in it.

Do you have the name of it? Always looking for a quality food that helps with the UT problem, but they will also eat.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is worth every penny I put in him.
Well over $2000 x 100, lot of pennys.

Always nice to see a cute couple.
Edit to add, this is Clyde born 11 Sept 11 passed away 8 Nov 22 from liver failure & cancer.

Hope Rob is still doing well.

Attachments

• 20221108_142925.jpg
    20221108_142925.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is doing great, thanks. Follow up appointment is on Friday. Strangely, I think he has come to appreciate me for the massive outlay of cash and stress he put me through. Previously Rob was very aloof and wild, not very affectionate. Nowadays he will actually come up to me and beg for attention. Only problem is, his mom has started being mean to him since he came back. Not sure why that is, I read that sometimes cats can have a different smell after an extended time away.