NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd use the Dukes reserve 660 kit before the Cross.

Actually, this thing runs pretty good. My boss is tickled. I bought your right angle hand peice. 👍💪👌 Came highly recommended at Duane's GTG. It's a game changer... I didn't strip the gears yet.... It's so smooth. I like the shrink tubing too. Now to just get better with it!

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, this thing runs pretty good. My boss is tickled. I bought your right angle hand peice. 👍💪👌 Came highly recommended at Duane's GTG. It's a game changer... I didn't strip the gears yet.... It's so smooth. I like the shrink tubing too. Now to just get better with it!

I'm happy to hear you're having success with the handpiece.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@MustangMike ,i should have posted this angle of the exh on that 660. At your observation though, I'm going to pull the jug and open the port a bit more. I'll take from the floor a bit and blend to the same shape. I don't like my chamfer on the uppers either. I'm also wanting to flow the lowers better.

Attachments

• 20230606_051307.jpg
    20230606_051307.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 28

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@MustangMike ,i should have posted this angle of the exh on that 660. At your observation though, I'm going to pull the jug and open the port a bit more. I'll take from the floor a bit and blend to the same shape. I don't like my chamfer on the uppers either. I'm also wanting to flow the lowers better.
Nothing wrong with that floor.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Take a pencil and trace the port onto the piston skit. You'll see the floor is fine but the roof will be more flat when traced on the piston.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take a pencil and trace the port onto the piston skit. You'll see the floor is fine but the roof will be more flat when traced on the piston.

Better to have a saw run good for a long time than one run just a twitch stronger for a short time. There's plenty of time to push the performance envelope, you can learn just as much from saws that still run, as from a pile of blown up ones. No shame/harm/fowl to update one later as one progresses along.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better to have a saw run good for a long time than one run just a twitch stronger for a short time. There's plenty of time to push the performance envelope, you can learn just as much from saws that still run, as from a pile of blown up ones. No shame/harm/fowl to update one later as one progresses along.
So I should chamfer the uppers better and leave it alone....?

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's beautiful. I'm doing that, not only for peace of mind that the roof is curved enough, but to confirm I widened symmetrically. Thank you Sean. (sp?)

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
7:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's beautiful. I'm doing that, not only for peace of mind that the roof is curved enough, but to confirm I widened symmetrically. Thank you Sean. (sp?)
You can lay a piece of paper over the port and color over the whole port as well. It gives you a relief image. I find that to be slightly more accurate but I pencil on the skirt more often.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just look at the arch with the top of the piston slightly below the roof. Never had one hang using the area above the top ring to contain the complete arch
Based on that, It looks good. I'm leaving it. I'll just chamfer the uppers better.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good looking port Nate. I never touch the ex floors. Something like 90% of the exhaust pressure is vented in the first several degrees of opening.

I does make sense to extend your roof arch over to the vertical port sides. Free money, little to no increased chance of a ring hanger.

Forgive my shítty illustration. The areas in red are what I am talking about.

IMG_0890.jpeg

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good looking port Nate. I never touch the ex floors. Something like 90% of the exhaust pressure is vented in the first several degrees of opening.

I does make sense to extend your roof arch over to the vertical port sides. Free money, little to no increased chance of a ring hanger.

Forgive my shítty illustration. The areas in red are what I am talking about.

View attachment 380777
I left well enough alone. I didn't take pictures, but I flowed and canted the lowers just a bit at the bottoms. I may pull the jug at the gtg for others to critique after running it some. It pulls well. It's right where I wanted it for felling. It's reliable in the notch and back cuts. I wanted my boss to be able to stop and start the chain in wood with confidence, and without having to "saw" with the saw. It torque right along in the cut from a dead stop. 👍 97* 123* 85*