Post up your ported cylinder Artwork

supertrooper

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input, part of the reason I left the intake high was so I could try it and re adjust if needed.
The saw is mainly going g to run a 24 in eastern hard wood, reason for the lower exhaust roof

supertrooper

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 630 jonsered piston that I tried and the intake would have been 79, I didn't want to start with an intake that low. My idea was to try it and see how it goes with different timing

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input, part of the reason I left the intake high was so I could try it and re adjust if needed.
The saw is mainly going g to run a 24 in eastern hard wood, reason for the lower exhaust roof
When I did my 2165 the first time, I left the intake at 71. It just couldn’t hang in there with bigger cuts. Once I dropped the intake to 78, it picked up some needed torque, and it gained some throttle response too. I am curious to see what you think.

supertrooper

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think 79-81 is perfect, and I suggest starting with that piston
Is there really any difference if I shave the skirt on the intake side or just lower the intake port, other than the cons of having a shorter intake skirt?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there really any difference if I shave the skirt on the intake side or just lower the intake port, other than the cons of having a shorter intake skirt?
There’s some math involved but it (probably) doesn’t work for different porting styles. If the area of the port is less than that of the carburetor, I’d make the port bigger. How much wider vs how much lower I can’t answer

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s some math involved but it (probably) doesn’t work for different porting styles. If the area of the port is less than that of the carburetor, I’d make the port bigger. How much wider vs how much lower I can’t answer
Good answer!

supertrooper

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya that does make quite a bit of sense. I'll probably cut the skirt because I measured the boot and matched my intake port to it so I wouldn't lose velocity.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm also going to add this:

What does the skirt do, other than open & close the intake port ?

It stabilizes the piston in the bore

Is it a good idea to remove some of that stabilization ?

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm also going to add this:

What does the skirt do, other than open & close the intake port ?

It stabilizes the piston in the bore

Is it a good idea to remove some of that stabilization ?
MS462 instantly comes to mind. Looks at the early production pistons and the problems they had vs the current.