Are You Having Trouble Posting Pictures

• Total voters

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh look...SVK and Chris-PA are having lunch. They have that smirk on their face like they want to tell the world about last night...but can't:(.
20160521_152955-jpg.28180

Hahaha!

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but I'm gonna let'er fly, for you folks who know more about this than I do. When I take a pic with my Iphone 6+ or my IPad III's, what exactly controls the file size of the pic? Keep in mind, I cannot predetermine/change the camera resolution when it comes to pics. With standard motion/slow motion vids, yes I can...but that's a horse of another color, no bearing here. Is it the object detail that is captured in the photo that determines it? I've noticed my pic sizes on my IPhone 6+ range anywhere from 1.7Mb to 2.8Mb...the 1.7Mb pics are capturing no more/no less detail in the pic, as the 2.8Mb's are. I don't get it, maybe someone can explain it to me.

I'd love to help ya but I'm still using one of these:
upload_2016-7-27_17-32-44.png

You're light years ahead of me when it comes to technology.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure seems like the magic number is 2mb. The original of this pic (5.8 mb) gave me the error. Resized to 1.74 mb and it loads fine.

View attachment 28187
My man, if that's your hoard...you be a sick Husky puppy. I'll PM ya my address, yeh I'll handle the shipping, not a problem. Just trying to help a feller hoarder. :eek:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure seems like the magic number is 2mb. The original of this pic (5.8 mb) gave me the error. Resized to 1.74 mb and it loads fine.

View attachment 28187

I'll swap ya hoard for hoard...and yeh I got bars for mine too. May not be as pretty, but I gots bars. I'm going through TapaCrap to post this because they compress the pic file. This file was originally on my IPhone 6+ as a 2.8Mb file if I be's remembering right.
99904cbd577f1d386949249bf398b3f9.jpg

TapaCrap necked this pic down to 753Kb...go figger.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure I speak on behalf of most, and not trying to be an ass by no means, but I'd like to hear something from site staff concerning this issue, posted here. And I'm no server/website/forum guru by any stretch of the imagination, so I don't know the work and troubleshooting involved to correct this. But it is definitely site specific here.

Our administrator is in Canada.

I'm not sure when he will be back, but he knows something is fubarred. I can't do anything about it, and neither can Bruce. I did have to use an image resizer to post someone's pics for them yesterday, and will be happy to do it again.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our administrator is in Canada.

I'm not sure when he will be back, but he knows something is fubarred. I can't do anything about it, and neither can Bruce. I did have to use an image resizer to post someone's pics for them yesterday, and will be happy to do it again.
Gotcha. I think it's a server deal but it's way beyond my skills and most others, to have any sensible input. I think everyone has the 'turn the power off, let it re-boot' mentality. At least that's my weak ass attempt at it, lol. Steve will get it right I'm sure.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just a silly internet forum. :asz:

Hope he enjoys his vaca. This is a small, minooote temporary hickup... Be patient... and for the love of all things orange @MarkEagleUSA DO NOT take that offer. Creamsicles melt pretty quick in the heat. :ARMS1:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just a silly internet forum. :asz:

Hope he enjoys his vaca. This is a small, minooote temporary hickup... Be patient... and for the love of all things orange @MarkEagleUSA DO NOT take that offer. Creamsicles melt pretty quick in the heat. :ARMS1:
Lmao...I wasn't trying to short change the fella...who knows, maybe the Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175 was 'part of the deal.'? There are some Huskys involved in the deal, to keep the orange thing a'going. And I might add, a mint Husky 51 as well that I don't think made the pic. Who's losing now?? :D