USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked with a couple of gals in Ohio, who are former Marines on one of the private Marine groups I’m in...one gal said a tornado wiped out a power plant, just f’d *s-wordt up, up there. She and her chillins’ are good, so that’s a good thing!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked with a couple of gals in Ohio, who are former Marines on one of the private Marine groups I’m in...one gal said a tornado wiped out a power plant, just f’d *s-wordt up, up there. She and her chillins’ are good, so that’s a good thing!
being in several power plants i dont see how one could get hurt other than the sheet metal on the outside of the building
if one would go to the top where boiler hangs you would be amazed of the structural beams they hang from
you could lay a beam on its side and drive 2 tractor trailers side by side on them and they are between 3 and 4 inches thick

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
being in several power plants i dont see how one could get hurt other than the sheet metal on the outside of the building
if one would go to the top where boiler hangs you would be amazed of the structural beams they hang from
you could lay a beam on its side and drive 2 tractor trailers side by side on them and they are between 3 and 4 inches thick
I don’t know bro, I’m just conveying what she said...no idea as to the actual damage. But power plants are built like a brick *s-wordt-house, and then some!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
more likely a stack or cooling tower got took down than anything else
Funny you mention cooling towers, of course not on the same scale I guess...but they’re replacing the Evapco cooling towers, Trane chillers here in my hangar, as well as two other C-17 hangars. As well as all the air compressors and manifolds. Many yrs ago I worked as a boiler mechanic in the boiler room at The Medical Center in Macon, Ga, here in mid-Ga. They've got PVI and Murray fire tube and water tube boilers...change from gas to diesel depending on the time of the year. And a bank of ten, 300-ton Trane chillers in the CEP (Central Energy Plant), and many other chillers in various mechanical rooms, throughout that 10-story place. Most all of it controlled by Johnson Controls and Honeywell controllers. I can relate to the boiler, chiller *s-wordt!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny you mention cooling towers, of course not on the same scale I guess...but they’re replacing the Evapco cooling towers, Trane chillers here in my hangar, as well as two other C-17 hangars. As well as all the air compressors and manifolds. Many yrs ago I worked as a boiler mechanic in the boiler room at The Medical Center in Macon, Ga, here in mid-Ga. They've got PVI and Murray fire tube and water tube boilers...change from gas to diesel depending on the time of the year. And a bank of ten, 300-ton Trane chillers in the CEP (Central Energy Plant), and many other chillers in various mechanical rooms, throughout that 10-story place. Most all of it controlled by Johnson Controls and Honeywell controllers. I can relate to the boiler, chiller *s-wordt!
most cooling towers are concrete and look almost like a hour glass the legs of them are x braces fragile looking support for the amount of concrete they hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.