AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy Fellas! Nice day out today. 82f and mostly sunny with a breeeze. Getting some welding projects done.

We had Greek Easter yesterday. Spent a few hours roasting a lamb on the spit. Proceeded to stuff myself until the point of being really uncomfortable....

IMG_1221.JPG

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Howdy Fellas! Nice day out today. 82f and mostly sunny with a breeeze. Getting some welding projects done.

We had Greek Easter yesterday. Spent a few hours roasting a lamb on the spit. Proceeded to stuff myself until the point of being really uncomfortable....

View attachment 236920
Looks yummo dan! Didja fry up the brain?

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks yummo dan! Didja fry up the brain?

Thanks Brad. This was a milk fed lamb. It makes the meat really tender and sweet.

The brain cooks on the spit and then most folks eat it as a snack later. It's the source of a lot of table arguments....who will get to eat the brain. Lol.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
size is over rated.
U can kill a moose with 22LR, just need to set enough bullets in the body

I put a lot of deer meat on the table as a youth with a .22lr. It's pretty easy to put a bullet right in their ear from 15-30 feet away. However, I don't like my chances against a tweaker kicking down my front door at 2am.

9mm works fine in that situation and that cz is sexy as he11. I like .40 s&w myself, but accurately placing shots in a high stress situation is very difficult without training under those circumstances. I'd choose a shotgun for home defense. Kick my door down and I'll make burger outa ya with 1 shot.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a lot of deer meat on the table as a youth with a .22lr. It's pretty easy to put a bullet right in their ear from 15-30 feet away. However, I don't like my chances against a tweaker kicking down my front door at 2am.

9mm works fine in that situation and that cz is sexy as he11. I like .40 s&w myself, but accurately placing shots in a high stress situation is very difficult without training under those circumstances. I'd choose a shotgun for home defense. Kick my door down and I'll make burger outa ya with 1 shot.

Just the sound of a 12ga pump shotgun chambering a shell is enough to end most confrontations.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Brad. This was a milk fed lamb. It makes the meat really tender and sweet.

The brain cooks on the spit and then most folks eat it as a snack later. It's the source of a lot of table arguments....who will get to eat the brain. Lol.

Lol I know the lamb brains are like crack for some. I've never had either before. Sounds good though. I know my grandpa would raise up a couple dairy bull calves (holstein of course) on just milk. I don't remember how long but that was good eats for sure.

Not much else you could do with the little buggers. If you turned em out on pasture the mortality rate was very high.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Greeks are cray cray for the extras....nuts, brains, tongue, etc., are considered delicacy eats. I stick to standard meaty bits.
Last time I was at a traditional Greek lamb roast the brains never made it off the spit. Popped its top and ate them right out of the brain pan. They were impressed my whitehead self didn't turn a hair.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good?afternoon guy's
daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-2.gif

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I still remember the story of a tweeker dude like 15 years ago went on a spree. He first tried robbing this tough as nails 80 something gentlemen who shot him with a .32 couple times. Tweeker runs away to try and rob a bar just off of down town. Bar tender got him with a 44mag square in the chest. Tweeker made it 3 blocks of foot before bleeding out.

So not a single one of you owns a Claymore Roomba? WTF?
SmartSelect_20200420-114701_Google.jpg

Just the sound of a 12ga pump shotgun chambering a shell is enough to end most confrontations.
I have 4 waves of children bags packed to send after the poor bastige that comes here lol.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wouldn't get any argument out of me. They can have all the brains they want.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 236920

I’m gonna be doing 2goats for memorial weekend
Do you leave the skin on
Put anything in the cavity
Any rub spices

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Status
Not open for further replies.