"Special Buns"
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon guys.
Slow as hell at work.
It got announced today our schools will be closed for the remainder of this school year.

I really hope that is not the case here. Our Covid case count is quite low, as of todays stats we are 181cases/million population and only 5 fatalities. I am hoping that this trend keeps up and we look at opening things back up come May.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really hope that is not the case here. Our Covid case count is quite low, as of todays stats we are 181cases/million population and only 5 fatalities. I am hoping that this trend keeps up and we look at opening things back up come May.

I heard we are in the top 10 states for it, but all the cases are in southern Wi, Madison and especially Milwaukee.
We've had 3 cases in our county for weeks. Similar numbers in surrounding counties.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard we are in the top 10 states for it, but all the cases are in southern Wi, Madison and especially Milwaukee.
We've had 3 cases in our county for weeks. Similar numbers in surrounding counties.

They announced some tougher restrictions here today, anyone traveling from out of province now must self isolate for 14 days (same as international travel has been for a few weeks) as well all non essential travel above the 53 parallel has been banned. Residents above the 53rd are free to move about as they please, they just don't want the more populace South putting a strain on Northern health services.

Even these restrictions though were only enacted until May 1st right now.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They announced some tougher restrictions here today, anyone traveling from out of province now must self isolate for 14 days (same as international travel has been for a few weeks) as well all non essential travel above the 53 parallel has been banned. Residents above the 53rd are free to move about as they please, they just don't want the more populace South putting a strain on Northern health services.

Even these restrictions though were only enacted until May 1st right now.

Good luck with that. They did the same thing here and we're full of city folk trying to save themselves. Not a damn thing of enforcement happened.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a new friend. Clears noodles and oils better than the 361. It needs the second port on the muffler to decide on power. Got almost two tanks through it screwing around with this hickory. It was definitely waking up towards the end. Gonna pull the can and get it ready for welding.20200416_153017.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's crazy, peak season here we can get a 20LB refill for about $10 at Costco and a couple others. The only ones that tend to be pricey are gas stations that charge by the lb, always seems to cost more doing a half fill there than a complete fill at Costco.
It’s simple Economics 101...more LP competition breeds and brings lower prices. With the lack of competition here, and staying $7-8 underneath gas station/convenient store exchange prices, I simply can’t put that HEMI MegaCab in the wind and drive to get it, and make out for the $14.90 exchange price, especially when I’m right there at the WallyWorld Marketplace store. The little I’d save driving to get a better refill price by a buck or two if even...I’d simply dump down the throat of that MegaCab to go get it.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was a little curious to see what 20lb cylinder refills cost at a couple of TSC’s as well as a mom & pop Best Hardware Store (was an Ace for decades until about 5 years ago, then became a Best Hardware)...$13 and $13.50 respectively right now. Little cheaper than the WallyWorld gas station exchange, but I’d a dumped the difference down that HEMI. Those bass, crappie, bream, hush puppies, and fries won’t know the difference nohow when they hit the 350 degree LouAna peanut oil.

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I haven’t seen refills around here less than $14-15 a refill in many years. Only a couple of places around here will re-fill...TSC’s and a couple of mom & pop hardware stores. All the convenient stores stay around $22 or so, and the re-fill places have always stayed $7-8 cheaper than them. I’m sure the LP competition in your neck of the woods is ten-fold what it is here as well.

Just one of those weird things you never really think about being different in other parts of the country/continent.

I like the refill option and don't mind driving a little bit to support the mom and pop hardware that does it for me. I like that I don't have to worry about completely emptying a can before I change it over too. Plus fuk walmart.:D

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Afternoon guys.
Slow as hell at work.
It got announced today our schools will be closed for the remainder of this school year.

They made that decision awhile ago here Ed. Kids are "learning" remotely. Online weekly meetings with teachers and online schoolwork. I like having the kids around but the logistics of the whole thing is kind of a pain in the ass.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evenin goof troop, played a bit today....
A hunky of cherry.
1349529387354425ec8ee755e9210455.jpg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They made that decision awhile ago here Ed. Kids are "learning" remotely. Online weekly meetings with teachers and online schoolwork. I like having the kids around but the logistics of the whole thing is kind of a pain in the ass.

We have been doing the learning at home thing for a while too.
They had left the door open for a return to schools, but thats what they closed today.
Both my girls have daily stuff to do and submit along with virtual classroom stuff

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell, we had 10x as many cases and 30x as many deaths just in the past 24 hours.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening fellers. Tomorrow we begin wearing masks at work. Should be fun crawling in, on, around shít with fogged up safety glasses from breathing through the damn thing. Time will tell...I understand we all have to do our part.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening fellers. Tomorrow we begin wearing masks at work. Should be fun crawling in, on, around shít with fogged up safety glasses from breathing through the damn thing. Time will tell...I understand we all have to do our part.
weve been doing it since monday
hows you slacker

Status
Not open for further replies.