Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Jason. How do you like that Springfield?
Are these legal there?
30mm
Anti tank
Comes in a variety of calibers.
85901375.jpg

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look good on the beach
I've had my loaded springfield .45 since 98
It's been excellent.
Brazil made back then
All usa made now.
I'm a good 2 hours away from any beaches lol. The porch it is. I did hear that the QC did fall off on the Kimbers. I will look into the Springfield some more. I've always had long gun's, and never really bought a hand gun.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never had any problems with either one. Had a Taurus that wouldn't go bang every time sold that. One of my buddies bought a 10 mm and 45 RIA neither one can get threw a mag without a failure. He wont let me put good springs in it cause they told him it needs broke in. Light strikes has nothin to do with breaking in. I here what your saying about the Colts eventhough I haven't had any real problems and at the end of the day they stihl hold there value the best. Would definitely like a Wison or a Hawk but just over my pay grade. [emoji16]

I’m not disregarding every manufacturer has some sort of issues. Like I said, that RIA ran like a sewing machine once I slapped some parts in it. Not all parts are created equal.

I don’t care what anyone buys, to he honest. I care that you get a firearm (legally), it does what it is supposed to do (go pew, pew, pew) and you are happy. I don’t look down on anyone for what they own/carry; I’m just happy you utilize your 2nd amendment rights. I will happily keep my eyes open for a good deal and will pass info to anyone who is looking to pick one up.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got around 9-10” of white stuff. Its so beautiful out! We are up in the “Northwest Hills” of CT and the big rolling hills and open farm fields covered in a nice blanket of snow is so picturesque. People down the road have horses and were out riding in the snow this morning, the horses were all playful and it literally looked like a Christmas Card. I should have snagged a picture.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got around 9-10” of white stuff. Its so beautiful out! We are up in the “Northwest Hills” of CT and the big rolling hills and open farm fields covered in a nice blanket of snow is so picturesque. People down the road have horses and were out riding in the snow this morning, the horses were all playful and it literally looked like a Christmas Card. I should have snagged a picture.
Yeah you'll get over that soon enough. Lol

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not disregarding every manufacturer has some sort of issues. Like I said, that RIA ran like a sewing machine once I slapped some parts in it. Not all parts are created equal.

I don’t care what anyone buys, to he honest. I care that you get a firearm (legally), it does what it is supposed to do (go pew, pew, pew) and you are happy. I don’t look down on anyone for what they own/carry; I’m just happy you utilize your 2nd amendment rights. I will happily keep my eyes open for a good deal and will pass info to anyone who is looking to pick one up.
10 4 on good parts. You should see my half breed RIAKimber. Found a deal on a kimber slide an barrel an decided I'd make a good gunsmith. well anyhow found me a government RIA frame an realized shat dont work on a commander slide. Long story short an serval million dollars I now have a sweet shooting pistol........and I'm not a gunsmith [emoji23]

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On 1911's, I could not see keeping a gun I had to have extensive work done on so as to work properly. Was pounding lots of rounds at the time in a PPC league every week. Colt was first to go then a Dan Wesson. Too many stove pipe and jam ups left me out of the competition. This left an impression on me that I just couldn't ignore. Was time for a change.
Smith and Wesson revolver was decided on and one purchased. I took home a trophy after making the switch. Other Smith's were purchased for defense and hunting roles. While it did take a bit of time to learn to shoot them properly, once gained was very liberating knowing I had and could count on all six going off and where they were meant to be. Having one less never bothered me as of I got in that big of a mess it probably wouldn't help anyways.

So the moral of the story is shoot what works best for you and don't worry what direction other folks are taking. A model that fits in your hand that you can hit what you aim at is worth more than all the rest combined.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On 1911's, I could not see keeping a gun I had to have extensive work done on so as to work properly. Was pounding lots of rounds at the time in a PPC league every week. Colt was first to go then a Dan Wesson. Too many stove pipe and jam ups left me out of the competition. This left an impression on me that I just couldn't ignore. Was time for a change.
Smith and Wesson revolver was decided on and one purchased. I took home a trophy after making the switch. Other Smith's were purchased for defense and hunting roles. While it did take a bit of time to learn to shoot them properly, once gained was very liberating knowing I had and could count on all six going off and where they were meant to be. Having one less never bothered me as of I got in that big of a mess it probably wouldn't help anyways.

So the moral of the story is shoot what works best for you and don't worry what direction other folks are taking. A model that fits in your hand that you can hit what you aim at is worth more than all the rest combined.
Time's have changed since the 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.