beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perfect. There’s a spec for glue and screw pattern. The only thing I got is next time use screws instead of nails, but you should be totally good with what you did.

If it happens again let me know and I’ll send you specs on how to over build the sh&t out of it.

Just checked with ASCE7 your risk cat is at 110mph Strange that you keep having this issue.
I think the biggest issue is the fascia board underneath is some sort of Fir. The nails for whatever reason don't have much grip/ holding strength in that wood. The wind works on loosening them all the time. Then when we get the strongest wind,(always in winter) it comes loose.

It makes a helluva noise so I end up on a ladder, in the middle of the night nailing it back to house or cutting it off. Not fun!!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the biggest issue is the fascia board underneath is some sort of Fir. The nails for whatever reason don't have much grip/ holding strength in that wood. The wind works on loosening them all the time. Then when we get the strongest wind,(always in winter) it comes loose.

It makes a helluva noise so I end up on a ladder, in the middle of the night nailing it back to house or cutting it off. Not fun!!
Mine's metal trimmed all the screws backed out so I'm replacing them with rubber
Washered roofing screws.
The wind shakes them loose.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farmertec owner announced release dates
Sept 2019
046 kits and October prebuilt
Nov 2019
288xp kits and prebuilt
Dec 2019
880 kits and prebuilt
May-july 395xp
June-august 3120xp
Cannot believe no 268/272 in the works
There's dozens of variations on alibaba.

Status
Not open for further replies.