Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea about an interlock switch and yeah you got to hold the trigger to feed wire but if its touching its welding. And it wasn't like that until he took it for another job for the owne.

Yeh, sounds like a switch got flipped.

Thanks Joe how are you today

Just welding away :)

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
been slaving at work trying to make moolah since my truck repair wiped me out.
my water pump went out and when i went to remove it, it broke some bolts off in my timing cover so i replaced it also
parts,labor and tow total was 300.00

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ouch I am about ready to get screwed on some car repair my self. I have a vvt oil control valve on a lexus v8 same as the tundra v8 thats acting up. watched a bount of videos on YouTube looks like an easy fix but mine wont come out. So probably off to the shop so I dont break anything

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ouch I am about ready to get screwed on some car repair my self. I have a vvt oil control valve on a lexus v8 same as the tundra v8 thats acting up. watched a bount of videos on YouTube looks like an easy fix but mine wont come out. So probably off to the shop so I dont break anything
I have the tundra 4.7 it's actually easy to work on my starter failed and they wanted 1100.00 at the dealer for parts and labor for six hours. i worked one side my nephew worked the other took 45 minutes and 115.00 to switch out the starter looks like an atv starter haha and if you need a coil you can get 8 off ebay for the price of one at a parts store I've used one so far in nine years have 7 extra still need to change the timing chain but good engines 180000 no smoke.
Good luck with that valve.

Last edited:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
note to self don't buy a lexus with a v8.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the tundra 4.7 it's actually easy to work on my starter failed and they wanted 1100.00 at the dealer for parts and labor for six hours. i worked one side my nephew worked the other took 45 minutes and 115.00 to switch out the starter looks like an atv starter haha and if you need a coil you can get 8 off ebay for the price of one at a parts store I've used one so far in nine years have 7 extra still need to change the timing chain but good engines 180000 no smoke.
Good luck with that valve.
I replaced the starter on mine that's how I went about finding out how to do it and how a I got it so cheap. Lucky for me a lady down the road about 2 miles from rebuilt mine for $47 dollars.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Dan how did you know when needed a coil? And this part Iam talking about right now is at the front of the head by the radiator real easy to get to just didn't want to come out. Think maybe if the motor is warm I might have a better chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.