p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snarked a picture of the saw I got yesterday. Looks like it was well taken care of, just like everything else that the fella owned. Said that he bought it new in '83. Won't start and something is loose in the muffler. Dealer refused to work on it siting that no parts were available for this model. Then promptly sold him a new saw.
Does it look worth fixing to you?
View attachment 85090
Good evening Steve, how are you doing? That's a clean saw you scored there. It prolly won't take much to get it running.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everybody. Just finished some turkey burgers off the grill and once Elliott goes to bed momma and I arw going to watch our favourite football team play.

I've been worried about gett stuff packed and shipped out from here haven't paid attention to what everyone else was doing. Anybody get anything new this week?
Good evening Gary, how was your day? Only thing I got this week was a box of nos Pioneer parts. Oh and I got a crank for my 266 from Steve also.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening Bish, how are you doing tonight?

evening clint hows you

Long day. Didn't get anything cut. Forgot scrench at home. Dolmar acted funny and chain was waaaay duller than I thought. It made 1 cut. 461 threw a chain after cut 2. Found a Cresent wrench in my toolbox, the the chain back on and made it two more cuts before my bar nuts vibrated off. Said fug it, wasn't meant to be...maybe tomoro

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Due to competition from stihl box stores Bridgeport equipment and rural king.
The local dealers of all brands are more willing to work on older stuff.
Before them it was always buy new toss the old when something was brought in.
Sadly people usually did.

What the man was told and what the truth is are two entirely different story's.

Good evening Steve, how are you doing? That's a clean saw you scored there. It prolly won't take much to get it running.

I'm OK. No, prolly won't. Maybe I'll make an example of this one for the local so called "dealer" to get wind of. Lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long day. Didn't get anything cut. Forgot scrench at home. Dolmar acted funny and chain was waaaay duller than I thought. It made 1 cut. 461 threw a chain after cut 2. Found a Cresent wrench in my toolbox, the the chain back on and made it two more cuts before my bar nuts vibrated off. Said fug it, wasn't meant to be...maybe tomoro
amateur

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Crescent wrench. :facepalm:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sounds like you need a toolless chain tensioner saw lol

Status
Not open for further replies.