Not open for further replies.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OSHA has been called and on our jobs, unfortunately they have no jurisdiction over us.... they can only make recommendations.

We've have home owns to other companies call and report us often.
I'm glad they do because maybe just maybe it'll shine more light.

It gets really bad on jobs that we are sharing a work zone. For example working with PennDOT or with the gas company on the highways. They have to comply with OSHA regulations and in turn want us too also.

I hope it doesn't take something bad happening to change things.

Trust me I want to go home to my family safe... like Ross said I'm a farmer also and have put myself at risk over the years and it's just not the smartest thing to do. I work with 10 guys and most are tired of working like it's 1920...

How can they not have jurisdiction. Who do you actually work for?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What size is it?
58cc with 20 inch bar sorry the stupid text didn't load
This saw is the nearly the same price as the 365 husky clones on some of the chinese sites if someone in the us would carry them i think they would be a hit
There's two different 58cc on ebay about the same price

Last edited:

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
About 10 yrs ago we had a contractor boring for sewer mains in our area. Our lines had been marked and they thought they were below us.

They put a 2' auger through one of the main duct runs leaving that office. They didnt stop until they saw copper and fiber cables being pulled back on the auger. It pulled the cables through 3 manholes in both directions.

One of the big schmucks from my co showed up and told me to climb down and pull out the iof fibers so we could splice them. I told him, go ahead in, Ill watch the hole. We waited for an excavator to bring shoring.

I'd like to have seen that mess

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OSHA has been called and on our jobs, unfortunately they have no jurisdiction over us.... they can only make recommendations.

We've have home owns to other companies call and report us often.
I'm glad they do because maybe just maybe it'll shine more light.

It gets really bad on jobs that we are sharing a work zone. For example working with PennDOT or with the gas company on the highways. They have to comply with OSHA regulations and in turn want us too also.

I hope it doesn't take something bad happening to change things.

Trust me I want to go home to my family safe... like Ross said I'm a farmer also and have put myself at risk over the years and it's just not the smartest thing to do. I work with 10 guys and most are tired of working like it's 1920...

I think there are several of us here that are part-time/spare-time farmers. I'll be feeding and servicing dads tractor tomorrow. Love it, but don't take as many risks as I used to.

They are a dollar at the dollar tree lol

I see, I don't frequent the dollar tree.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bought one of these to play with friend of mine wants to buy it next month lol 79.04View attachment 51947 shipped ebay
Port it and run the dog sh.. out of it might surprise you how long it will last, alot of those off branded saws use nikasil liners in the cylinders.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a couple of those 41cc earthquakes that ran great and if this runs near as good he will be happy He's a firewood guy like me as long as it's not too heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.