Not open for further replies.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OSHA has been called and on our jobs, unfortunately they have no jurisdiction over us.... they can only make recommendations.

We've have home owns to other companies call and report us often.
I'm glad they do because maybe just maybe it'll shine more light.

It gets really bad on jobs that we are sharing a work zone. For example working with PennDOT or with the gas company on the highways. They have to comply with OSHA regulations and in turn want us too also.

I hope it doesn't take something bad happening to change things.

Trust me I want to go home to my family safe... like Ross said I'm a farmer also and have put myself at risk over the years and it's just not the smartest thing to do. I work with 10 guys and most are tired of working like it's 1920...

How big of a area do you guys cover?

Is working on main line repair your crews only job?

I know you work on a lot of big repair jobs.
Do you guys cover a huge area or are the lines that are in place that antiquated and have they run their life expectancy?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPS by chance?

A few years back I sent DSS a bunch of stuff. If I remember right it was around $200 worth. Of course I declared it at substantially less.

He ended up getting a bill for around $100 from Fees for that one.

NO this was USPS to Canada Post. No fee for actually brokering it like UPS does, just straight up taxes...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay... I don't want to sound preachy, really I just want to brag about my son.

If you have been around here long you have heard me talk about Griffin and his advocacy for Mental Health resources.

Here is a TV interview he gave this morning from his office. Did I mention that he just turned 20 2 weeks ago? I can't reiterate how proud of him I am.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?cl...Num=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=GTsA5mm

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How big of a area do you guys cover?

Is working on main line repair your crews only job?

I know you work on a lot of big repair jobs.
Do you guys cover a huge area or are the lines that are in place that antiquated and have they run their life expectancy?

Yes, I really only repair main lines. I did take a new job a few weeks ago as Forman and will do more restoration and paving during the warmer months.

Our system is old late 1890's -1930's is most of our system.

We cover 23 municipalities which is about 60 square miles.

I'm one of 11 guys that install and repair all our mainlines plus fix sideways,yards and pavement. We really are short handed.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay... I don't want to sound preachy, really I just want to brag about my son.

If you have been around here long you have heard me talk about Griffin and his advocacy for Mental Health resources.

Here is a TV interview he gave this morning from his office. Did I mention that he just turned 20 2 weeks ago? I can't reiterate how proud of him I am.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?cl...Num=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=GTsA5mm
I suspected you were Canadian lol very nice interview and professional.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got five or six tanks through it it's starting to wake up i haven't done a thing to it my neighbor bought one like yours it's stock so ill try it out to compare may get mine ported too.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's unfortunate. There's no way in hell I'd have gotten in that pit, looks to be 12-15 foot deep. Big GFY they'd have heard from me.
About 10 yrs ago we had a contractor boring for sewer mains in our area. Our lines had been marked and they thought they were below us.

They put a 2' auger through one of the main duct runs leaving that office. They didnt stop until they saw copper and fiber cables being pulled back on the auger. It pulled the cables through 3 manholes in both directions.

One of the big schmucks from my co showed up and told me to climb down and pull out the iof fibers so we could splice them. I told him, go ahead in, Ill watch the hole. We waited for an excavator to bring shoring.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About 10 yrs ago we had a contractor boring for sewer mains in our area. Our lines had been marked and they thought they were below us.

They put a 2' auger through one of the main duct runs leaving that office. They didnt stop until they saw copper and fiber cables being pulled back on the auger. It pulled the cables through 3 manholes in both directions.

One of the big schmucks from my co showed up and told me to climb down and pull out the iof fibers so we could splice them. I told him, go ahead in, Ill watch the hole. We waited for an excavator to bring shoring.

you didnt tell him to gfhimself?

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone posted about night crawlers out in PA the other day. I went out to make a couple cuts to compare the 272xp and 10mm 044 and saw this when I was walking back to the house!
3cc2a424053164921df02b908c173ebb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.