huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got a gap to fill. I go from 562 to 064. I've ran three ported 7900s and only one ported 461. All 3 dolmars were very solid, the 461 was built by Snelling and I wasn't a big fan of his work. All bark. ..no bite
I know a guy...

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got a gap to fill. I go from 562 to 064. I've ran three ported 7900s and only one ported 461. All 3 dolmars were very solid, the 461 was built by Snelling and I wasn't a big fan of his work. All bark. ..no bite
I have a 46 I can put together pretty quick. I could be talked into selling my Solo but it's not set up as a work saw...

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't found any swaps besides a Zama c3 for a 1128.
Hey Mike I seem to remember reading somewhere that you could modify the 044 zama for more fuel. Maybe I'm wrong idk. If I'm right would you care to maybe enlighten me a bit on how you do it ?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Mike I seem to remember reading somewhere that you could modify the 044 zama for more fuel. Maybe I'm wrong idk. If I'm right would you care to maybe enlighten me a bit on how you do it ?
Have to Ask Rich/poleman. We did a lot of back and forth on 7900 and then 1128. I know they made a nice difference.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I know a very smart guy who has a 7910 that Randy ported, Poleman did the carb. It's got the HD filter and the stock, along with the full wrap and half wrap. The guy just needs to take pictures and list it for the sail

You may have seen the saw or ran it at a GTG when a tornado came through

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. He told me what he did but I've forgotten. Terry Syd can help out as well. He's done a lot of messing around with them and the HD carbs.
I think carbs are the biggest thing we all tend to overlook with a ported saw. Everyone opens up mufflers, machines cylinders and plays around with the ports and I think this is great but without adjusting the carb to match rest of the work you can only go so far.

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know a very smart guy who has a 7910 that Randy ported, Poleman did the carb. It's got the HD filter and the stock, along with the full wrap and half wrap. The guy just needs to take pictures and list it for the sail

You may have seen the saw or ran it at a GTG when a tornado came through
Little far fetched for me

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think carbs are the biggest thing we all tend to overlook with a ported saw. Everyone opens up mufflers, machines cylinders and plays around with the ports and I think this is great but without adjusting the carb to match rest of the work you can only go so far.
Stihl really limits us with the way the carbs mount. At least with husky we can go up one size by changing the ring on the carb boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.