redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, did he get the message?

Based off the looks he keeps shooting my way, yes.

It should be legal to toss a chain through the most convenient windows and drag away vehicles that people leave in front of the diesel pump when it's not a diesel and then go inside to get a mochafrappechinalatte or whatever the fűck they drink these days.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Based off the looks he keeps shooting my way, yes.

It should be legal to toss a chain through the most convenient windows and drag away vehicles that people leave in front of the diesel pump when it's not a diesel and then go inside to get a mochafrappechinalatte or whatever the fűck they drink these days.
Don't tell me how to run my coffee stop, bub.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 walk behind mowers, a 30” Toro that can really move and a 21 Ariens that needs some work. I will pick up a spark plug and carb kit for the Ariens and get it running but the greatest issue I am having is the underside of the mowers clogging with grass and not discharging well enough. Spent an hour on the Toro last night and because the grass never gets a chance to fully dry out I am constantly dealing with clumps of grass blocking the discharge.

I appreciate the input on a 48” triple blade deck, I will look at those. JD is the dominant brand locally, a little further away Cub Cadet or I can hit my usual dealer for a Toro. Will see what Marketplace can turn up too…
If you find a remedy to the clogging and sticking let me know

I have been blowing mine off, top and bottom, with my Ego lawn blower and it gets the majority but the pressure washer does the best job but what a fugging mess

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m assuming that with the grass being extra long, you have already raised the deck to the highest setting, and are mowing it at that height, and then dropping to your regular setting and mowing again.. That helps prevent clogging.
Cutting height is set to almost 6" now, high enough that when I went over the bunny nest last night there was no blood splatter and they all seemed to initially survive the incident...
I'd napalm my yard before going over it twice.
If my mower didn't have enough power to hog through it with the deck almost at the downpressure setting, I'd be LS swapping it.
Every time I talk lawn tractor Elliott starts talking about you mower racing videos that I showed him.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cutting height is set to almost 6" now, high enough that when I went over the bunny nest last night there was no blood splatter and they all seemed to initially survive the incident...

Every time I talk lawn tractor Elliott starts talking about you mower racing videos that I showed him.

All the houses around me that had the same hydroseeding I had scalp their lawns and wonder why they look like crap and turn yellow

The grass seed blend we all used is supposed to be cut 3-4 inches and they all drop the decks and go for it

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you find a remedy to the clogging and sticking let me know

I have been blowing mine off, top and bottom, with my Ego lawn blower and it gets the majority but the pressure washer does the best job but what a fugging mess
I need to pressure wash the under side of mine, so far I have been using a plastic felling wedge to "scrape" the thickest off. There is usually almost an inch caked on the underside by the time I am done, even with regular "bouncing" and "shaking" to try and clear clogs while cutting.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to pressure wash the under side of mine, so far I have been using a plastic felling wedge to "scrape" the thickest off. There is usually almost an inch caked on the underside by the time I am done, even with regular "bouncing" and "shaking" to try and clear clogs while cutting.
I use a nylon scraper that came with a panini press or some other gadget the boss bought years ago

Back in the day of plain push mowers I would get the underside squeaky clean and dry and hit it with silicone spray and that helped a lot for a while but I am hesitant to do that with the self propelled system

I haven't even taken the blade off yet but I have a new one inbound so I can drop the other off to be sharpened and when I take it off I will take a better look at the undersides and see what the drive system looks like and how well it is sealed and go from there