Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My oldest brother 20 year's older than me had just came back from the army and sent me to
Brownie and ova Coleman's grocery store to get a box of 12 gauge and box of .22 shells and a 6 pack of Pabst blue ribbon glass bottles
I was 6-7 and carried that *s-word a couple miles to where we were fishing.
1976-77
The good old days

The rifle I carried was a Remington 514 Boy's Model, a simple single shot .22

The best part is my mom got that rifle in the early 60s with S&H Green Stamps at their stamp redemption store

I wish I hadn't traded it decades later

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a lot to go through Dave.
Instead of surgery, have you considered going a little cheaper by having a farrier clamp horseshoes under your stilts?
Before i found out i had gout
I always wrapped my feet tight with electrical tape so i could work
For many year's it worked perfectly
It kept the muscles from moving and didn't hurt near as bad.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 424437
I don't care what anyone says
A man doesn't pay for young boy's to sleep with him
And he had a alarm set up for anyone walking the hallway to his sleeping party room with the boy's
fun fact: they actually made a game for sega called moonwalker. the premise is you are michael jackson and you fight through buildings front kicking gangsters in order to open rooms and save children.

Attachments

• IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
fun fact: they actually made a game for sega called moonwalker. the premise is you are michael jackson and you fight through buildings front kicking gangsters in order to open rooms and save children.
I had a Genesis, but I never had that game. Too busy with Sonic and Golden Axe.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The good old days

The rifle I carried was a Remington 514 Boy's Model, a simple single shot .22

The best part is my mom got that rifle in the early 60s with S&H Green Stamps at their stamp redemption store

I wish I hadn't traded it decades later
Those Remington 500 series bolt .22’s are fantastic. I have a 510 Targetmaster and my Grandpa has the 512 Sportmaster. I love ‘em. Grandpa bought his new when he was a kid. I bought mine for $50 from a used gun rack at Gander Mountain about 25 years ago. Stock was all beat to hell. I sanded it down and refinished it.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those Remington 500 series bolt .22’s are fantastic. I have a 510 Targetmaster and my Grandpa has the 512 Sportmaster. I love ‘em. Grandpa bought his new when he was a kid. I bought mine for $50 from a used gun rack at Gander Mountain about 25 years ago. Stock was all beat to hell. I sanded it down and refinished it.

The old .22's are some of my favorite "project" guns. Every one has a story, and was once someone's prized possession. I re-blued and refinished a 510 years ago for a friend, who had it given to him by his grandfather. It had been through a house fire, but survived aside from significant rust from the water the fire department used on the home (happened while my friend owned it).

He gave it to me, thinking it was complete garbage at that point. Internally, it was mint. I stripped the rust, polished and belgian-blued the barrel, and I stripped and refinished the stock with a nice oil finish.

Gave it back to him a month later when he said he was heading to his grandfather's place for a visit. He took it with him and they shot together for several hours off the back porch, like they had years ago. I was happy they were able to still make memories with it...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took betty a bag of chocolate turtles for her 97th birthday IMG_20240701_153331.jpg
They are square baling today IMG_20240701_162247.jpg
Tried out the fake 395 @Gullet Would be proud
It has some balls to it needs a muffler mod
I'm ordering a few more of those bar's they're nice and well balanced for big saws.

Last edited:

whybother

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Just read the book for the bike, 10-40 oil, no mention of synthetic.
I googled some, and its just another never ending oil debate, with lots in my area using
Motul 10-40 full synthetic and others using Castrol power 1 of same viscosity.
The oil has to do the gearbox too, no separate oils there.

They don't mention synthetic in most owners manuals, only high performance stuff will call it out specifically. Doesn't mean you can't use it. Just pick whatever oil synthetic brand you prefer, make sure it's wet clutch compatible, fill her up and ride. It'll be fine. Make sure you change the oil filter also.
Just have fun, that's the important part.