Not So Pro 3

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening folks. How was yalls Sunday?
It was muy bueno. Yesterday I was at a buddy's house celebrating a mutual friends birthday, he bbq'd way too much so I had leftover ribs and tri-tip to snack on today. I slacked all morning, puttered around in the shop for an hour, sold some truck parts, dropped some trees, polished off the ribs, and have been sitting around slacking for 2-3hrs. Back to the chit show tomorrow, but for now work can gfy.

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2006 Motorbike, Suzuki Marauder with a 250cc air cooled engine that uses the same oil for the gearbox. As usual I have an oil question, what oil should I use given its age, were fully synthetic oils about back then or did suzuki use them in the 250 marauder. People are telling me synthetic will not do well in such a low powered engine that will only be used to potter around town with the longest run being 12 miles each way with a break before returning.
Also worried about rust inhibitation, are synthetics using ester liable to hold water and thus cause rust in the gearbox for example.
Not sure I should post this here but I have seen a few motorbike related issues commented on so am taking a chance, not meaning to upset anyone either though so mods feel free to delete.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, happy Monday. I mowed all day yesterday. We have relatives coming in to visit starting tomorrow and the wife thinks the farm should look like a golf course. I reminded her that golf courses have places called the rough. So I made sure to keep some. I sure saw a lot of rabbits. Headed to NC for my only day of work this week.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, happy Monday. I mowed all day yesterday. We have relatives coming in to visit starting tomorrow and the wife thinks the farm should look like a golf course. I reminded her that golf courses have places called the rough. So I made sure to keep some. I sure saw a lot of rabbits. Headed to NC for my only day of work this week.
Carry a .410 for the rabbits. My little H&R single shot has killed more rabbits than i can count. My Dad bought me and my oldest brother both a shotgun for Christmas one year. I got a .410 and my brother got a 20 gauge.

The kids we hung out with down the road didn’t have guns or hunt so we would make them jump on the brush piles while me and my brother shot the rabbits. We would give them a couple for helping us lol.

There is no way in hell it would be ok today to let 4 kids with 14 being the oldest (my brother) go into the woods with guns and hunt all day by themselves.

We’d gut them and clean them all up and my Mom would freeze them.

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carry a .410 for the rabbits. My little H&R single shot has killed more rabbits than i can count. My Dad bought me and my oldest brother both a a shotgun for Christmas one year. I got a .410 and my brother for a 20 gauge.

The kids we hung out with down the road didn’t have guns or hunt so we would make them jump on the brush piles while me and my brother shot the rabbits. We would give them a couple for helping us lol.

There is no way in hell it would be ok today to let 4 kids with 14 being the oldest (my brother) go into the woods with guns and hunt all day by themselves.

We’d gut them and clean them all up and my Mom would freeze them.
The good old days. Used to gown to my cousin's house across town down by the river. We were similar ages and carries our 22's over our shoulders. No way would that fly today. What changed?

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The good old days. Used to gown to my cousin's house across town down by the river. We were similar ages and carries our 22's over our shoulders. No way would that fly today. What changed?
Yup, we both had a Marlin model 60 .22 also. It still happens where i’m from and most people don’t freak out up there. But, the issue is moving north rapidly.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
9:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2006 Motorbike, Suzuki Marauder with a 250cc air cooled engine that uses the same oil for the gearbox. As usual I have an oil question, what oil should I use given its age, were fully synthetic oils about back then or did suzuki use them in the 250 marauder. People are telling me synthetic will not do well in such a low powered engine that will only be used to potter around town with the longest run being 12 miles each way with a break before returning.
Also worried about rust inhibitation, are synthetics using ester liable to hold water and thus cause rust in the gearbox for example.
Not sure I should post this here but I have seen a few motorbike related issues commented on so am taking a chance, not meaning to upset anyone either though so mods feel free to delete.
Thanks in advance.

Synthetic oil was around in 06.
Any pressure, or splash lube engine will only get rust inside if the oil simply isn't changed or there isn't any and it's a high moisture environment.
The power level of the engine has zero to do with Synthetic oil doing well in it or not.
I couldn't tell you what Suzuki specs for an oil that is used for both engine and transmission lubrication. I'd start there. The newer Indian engines share a engine and trans sump and they are using synthetic.