Not So Pro 3

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got an older friend in Fairbanks and we have discussed diesel fuel before. Company he works for does metal recycling and the track shears go through a fair amount of fuel. He said there is untaxed/offroad but it is not dyed because there is a type of avgas that is dyed red. People would get confused at times and fill a plane with diesel apparently back in the day.
That is interesting because I got my information directly from the state of Alaska website

It is quite possible this is a Fairbanks Northstar Borough (county) thing and they have a Borough tax scheme for road and off road in addition to the State regs

I know the Anchorage Borough has a separate/additional across the board tax on "highway" fuels, meaning NOT stove oil, marine fuel, etc

Kenai Peninsula Borough also has a separate tax in addition to the State tax

We are in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough and I actually stopped this afternoon at one of the biggest stations around that has many, many diesel pumps and is set up for all kinds of rigs and there was one price for diesel, except for stove oil

So, :roto2nuse:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of voltage running through them ones. When it rains you can hear them buzzing
Rains hell, I was on a grading job in early summer almost under some and the constant buzzing drove me nuts. It was in a swampy area but the weather was still sunny. My dad and I could feel the electricity in the air.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rains hell, I was on a grading job in early summer almost under some and the constant buzzing drove me nuts. It was in a swampy area but the weather was still sunny. My dad and I could feel the electricity in the air.
Morning Daniel, What you are feeling is the EMF field in the air. It can carry several hundred feet from the high voltage wiring. You as a rule should keep your machine 75-100 feet from direct contact as you could get a jumper off the wiring to your machine. Machine speed seems to intensify the jumper. Remember if your in any distance of downed wires stay in the machine until power is deactivated. Never walk away from a downed wire, instead shuffle your feet leaving both feet in contact with the ground at all times. Don't want to sound like a preacher but keep this in mind and stay safe while in a vehicle or machinery.
Morning to the rest of you goons today.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, got restless and woke about 5. Dogs got up at 5:30, so had to get up. Too late to go back to bed. Nice having only the two non shedders again. Them Aussie shepherds make hair tumbleweeds! Going to watch my hay dry for a couple days. Wish me luck.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag