Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would take -20° over heat and humidititty. I have warm Carhartt clothes i can wear. You can only get so naked at work in this hot humid $hit.

A dip in the pool and a cold beer is gonna happen
I agree, I wouldn't wish this weather on anyone. I will endure it, so none of you have to.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have thought about that but it has been a hard sell with the boss and we also have to factor in disruption in the natural gas supply due to earthquakes, etc

I guess I should study up on options

Thanks

Edited to add, I should come at it from the standpoint of it being automatic and her not needing to do anything in case I am not here when the power goes out
Just get a diesel unit, off-road diesel has sulphur in it and doesn't grow bacteria like road diesel can. Home heating oil is the same stuff. Get a tank and run it once in a while. Gasoline doesn't store well, and propane/natural gas you are too dependent on JIT delivery. Buy once, cry once. Unless you just want short term emergency backup, then just get something with pure sine wave.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just get a diesel unit, off-road diesel has sulphur in it and doesn't grow bacteria like road diesel can. Home heating oil is the same stuff. Get a tank and run it once in a while. Gasoline doesn't store well, and propane/natural gas you are too dependent on JIT delivery. Buy once, cry once. Unless you just want short term emergency backup, then just get something with pure sine wave.
Guess I should of read onwards Larry. Wasn't copying your Petroleum suggestion. LOL.
Yinz guys are quick with the happiness tonight.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess I should of read onwards Larry. Wasn't copying your Petroleum suggestion. LOL.
Yinz guys are quick with the happiness tonight.
I answer as I go through the thread, and I never backtrack, I assume others do as well Tim. Great minds think alike, and our do too! Lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get him to try different blood pressure drugs till you find something that works with no weird side effects.
Doing away with the water pill/ BP med has stopped my passing out/ lightheadedness.
Hope everything get better soon.

We get old then we pay doctors.
I'm on my third bp med now. Hopefully this is "the one".

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generac outside units are expensive but super convenient especially for the wife or helping neighbor.
Portables are nice/cheaper option but it takes an outside transfer switch and you gotta get it out if the garage and outside to run. Would that be convenient in your winter weather, let me think about it. LOL
Would diesel be an option you you? Mount a 275gallon stand up tank in the garage for winter flow ability.

We heated exclusively with stove oil for 8 years when we lived in the bush so I’ve been down that road

Diesel would not be my first choice

A diesel tank would be fine outside, I never once had a gelling issue in Bethel and it got much colder there, so no need to have it in the garage

You all have given me a lot to think about and a lot of it will come down to what the boss wants to do

I’m not shy about mentioning that the bankroll is due to her career, certainly not mine, and even though she says, and certainly acts like the money is OURS I still pretty much follow her financial lead, she hasn’t steered us wrong yet

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We heated exclusively with stove oil for 8 years when we lived in the bush so I’ve been down that road

Diesel would not be my first choice

A diesel tank would be fine outside, I never once had a gelling issue in Bethel and it got much colder there, so no need to have it in the garage

You all have given me a lot to think about and a lot of it will come down to what the boss wants to do

I’m not shy about mentioning that the bankroll is due to her career, certainly not mine, and even though she says, and certainly acts like the money is OURS I still pretty much follow her financial lead, she hasn’t steered us wrong yet
Same here, my wife doubles my salary.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Her retirement is SIX times mine

The only thing I have her beat on is how much I have in my Deferred Compensation Account

Sorry, that came across as arrogant and bragging

It wasn’t meant to be

Just trying to let you guys know why I happily defer to the boss on financial matters