timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on my First Aid refresher. If this fat bįtch a couple across doesn't shut up we're going to have a live choking exercise.
Cmon Adam, Make it interesting, expand your education in the proper use of a defibrillator. LOL

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just down the road from my place a country mile.

I watched this place get built over the last year, I gave the builder a bid for sheetrock last year, never heard back from him.

I went by two weeks ago, jacks & semis were there, lifting it off the foundation. They have since moved it out near the road, some punk kids have chucked rocks through a few windows now, since it's sitting out by the road.

Now there's a new 2nd builder, on site building a new (2nd) house. Rumor is the first builder did not build the house to specs, and home owner sued the builder, etc, hired a new builder to build desired house.

I intend to find out what they plan to do with the 1st house. It's a sheet load nicer then my 1900's salt box.

20240616_162935(1).jpg20240616_162828(1).jpg

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just down the road from my place a country mile.

I watched this place get built over the last year, I gave the builder a bid for sheetrock last year, never heard back from him.

I went by two weeks ago, jacks & semis were there, lifting it off the foundation. They have since moved it out near the road, some punk kids have chucked rocks through a few windows now, since it's sitting out by the road.

Now there's a new 2nd builder, on site building a new (2nd) house. Rumor is the first builder did not build the house to specs, and home owner sued the builder, etc, hired a new builder to build desired house.

I intend to find out what they plan to do with the 1st house. It's a sheet load nicer then my 1900's salt box.

View attachment 423123View attachment 423124
I know a guy in your area that can fix all the sheet rock that popped when they jacked it and moved it…

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a shot from that '64 Buick Brochure. Multiply the prices by ten for a close approximation in today's money.
View attachment 423126
I had a Wildcat 4 door hardtop when I was in my late teens. It didn't take off like a bolt of lightning, but top end was insane...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 423114
Happy slacker time.
Wife says no happy slacker jacker in the pool though. She just swept it 😆🤣
Does she give lessons? I tried teaching Elliott today and it was a disaster. Better yet, can she just come do ours too?
Here's a shot from that '64 Buick Brochure. Multiply the prices by ten for a close approximation in today's money.
View attachment 423126
I think your factor of 10 is low, likely closer to a factor of 20. Man what I would do for a LeSabre wagon.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a Wildcat 4 door hardtop when I was in my late teens. It didn't take off like a bolt of lightning, but top end was insane...
I'm surprised that it was better on top than on the low end; the nailheads had some decent torque. Maybe the way it was geared. They were some dang cool engines.
I think your factor of 10 is low, likely closer to a factor of 20. Man what I would do for a LeSabre wagon.
I used the US inflation calculator to check, factor of ten is about right. You gotta remember we use US dollars here, not maple syrup-covered monopoly money 🤣

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised that it was better on top than on the low end; the nailheads had some decent torque. Maybe the way it was geared. They were some dang cool engines.

I used the US inflation calculator to check, factor of ten is about right. You gotta remember we use US dollars here, not maple syrup-covered monopoly money 🤣
I should have remembered that having paid *1.4 for some spending cash for my trip…